:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    i can think of quite a few soulmates at the moment :love:

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt, and i've found mine too

ReputationRep:
    My heart does, my head doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe in soul mates. i believe you can have equally intense relationships at any stage in your life with a number of people

ReputationRep:
    unsure...leaning towards no

ReputationRep:
    i cant imagine a life with out my bf

ReputationRep:
    I think for everyone there is a soulmate. I also think that the same soul is reincarnated and both souls meet again in another life. I guess I'm a real romantic as I have mine. We met despite his living in Kent and me living 300 miles away. :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    This might seem strange but I think you can have more than one soulmate. Sounds contradictory since your soulmate is supposed to be the perfect one for you but people change a lot and go through different phases so I think that at every different stage of your life you can have someone who is absolutely perfect for you and if you break up later on it's not because he wasn't right for you or your soulmate while it lasted, it's because one of you has changed...

ReputationRep:
    but how can u jus change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    but how can u jus change?
    you grow up, mature... I don't know, maybe go through a reckless phase and then start gaining some responsability.... things like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    you grow up, mature... I don't know, maybe go through a reckless phase and then start gaining some responsability.... things like that
    true i just can imagine it thou, but i can c your point especially if you both go to uni then i guess theres more chance of growing apart

ReputationRep:
    definitely

My boyfriend is my soulmate. I knew he was special from the first time we spoke, and promptly spent three years lusting after him. And when we eventually met, despite the 300+ mile distance, there wasn't a single trace of awkwardness. We're what I imagined the most amazing sort of best friends to be.. brutually honest, loving and caring, but in addition to the emotional attraction, there is something physical, passionate, intimate and special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marychrist)
    definitely

My boyfriend is my soulmate. I knew he was special from the first time we spoke, and promptly spent three years lusting after him. And when we eventually met, despite the 300+ mile distance, there wasn't a single trace of awkwardness. We're what I imagined the most amazing sort of best friends to be.. brutually honest, loving and caring, but in addition to the emotional attraction, there is something physical, passionate, intimate and special.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :love:

I believe in having a soulmate too and that theres someone made for everyone- I believe a 'soulmate' is someone who you can spend the rest of your life with in good times & in the bad, just someone who makes you feel 'complete'. I guess this idea comes from my parents...they've been together for donkeys years and are happy as ever.

ReputationRep:
    i want a soulmate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    I think for everyone there is a soulmate. I also think that the same soul is reincarnated and both souls meet again in another life.
    I love that concept, it's so romantic. But i find it hard to believe- i wish it was true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    i believe that you can only have one soulmate
    No, I don't think that's true, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soopydoop)
    i want a soulmate
    i wish i did too!
    but at the moment i'm finding it difficult to seperate love from lust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i wish i did too!
    but at the moment i'm finding it difficult to seperate love from lust
    You can tell love from lust with time Love endures. Love is unconditional and sacrificial and remains even when you get hurt, when things get tough. Love doesn't force your loved one to do what he/she does not wanna do, does not insist on having its own way - aka is not selfish.

Lust is conditional, temporary. Lust is selfish and insist on its own way. Lust hurts.

Love doesn't hurt - although it does open you up for a lot of hurt.

Although the world's concept of love is often different to what love truly is. Lust is easily mistaken as love

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm...not sure. There are just so many people in the world, I can't believe there's only one who's really truly right for me! But then I look at some couples (my Mum and Dad, one set of grandparents) and I think they have to be soulmates...they're just so right for each other.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.