This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theECONOMIST)
3)Medicine (I hope to marry a Harvard Educated Doctor)
It seems a bit odd making such specific requirements for a future spouse - you could fall in love with a farm girl yet.
Revelation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
dentists are rolling in the money plumbers,builders etc are in high demand too.
theECONOMIST
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Revelation)
Plumbers are earning quasi economic rent, you've got to look at your long term prospects.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hear you get a lot of money for the distribution of illegal substances.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Revelation)
Plumbers don't actually get that much, master plumbers get around 30k, not as much as the hype suggests.
Revelation
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeh but I bet they're getting alot more than they used to. Plumbers are charging silly prices for stuff and I suppose the property market is a good job atm.
Jaq
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can any 1 tell me wot medicine grads can earn in their first year and the amount they earn after they qualify.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jaq)
Can any 1 tell me wot medicine grads can earn in their first year and the amount they earn after they qualify.
Initially in the 20s, I believe, rising to the 50 or 60 mark, consultants can earn up to 80k not including private work.
theECONOMIST
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
It seems a bit odd making such specific requirements for a future spouse - you could fall in love with a farm girl yet.
I don't get attached easily, especially not with farmers daughters and the like.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I think his girlfriend is doing medicine at harvard...or he has his eye on a harvard medic
Sasuke!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
people always say that a laywer is a good career but what do you actually do at the firms im in school and dont really know what an office job is like, i mean in school you read books and write notes but what do laywers, accoutants and stockbrokers do??? please help me im kinda interested in those jobs. if some one could please give me a brief report of their working day it would really help
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowP...pes_of_jobs/p!
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
umm wolf the website doesnt work could you do it again please?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vmong)
umm wolf the website doesnt work could you do it again please?
soz -

Main Page

Lawyer - Solicitor (Commercial)

Lawyer - Barrister

Lawyer - Solicitor (Non-commercial)
Tribi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know that a GP doctor gets around £100,000 a year but they definatly deserve every penny i reckon after how much trainig they have all done and of course its a extremely responisble job!

Just record a song and sell it!! n the hope it becomes big
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
I know that a GP doctor gets around £100,000 a year but they definatly deserve every penny i reckon after how much trainig they have all done and of course its a extremely responisble job!

They don't get that much just from general practice, NHS consultants pay is capped at £80,000 pa. though they often top it up with private work.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Private is the way to go for a doctor, if they are bothered about money. Which most or many are, understandably.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or going to America for some BIG BUCKS.

And no bono, it is just for the economics, nothing to do with American superiority.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Or going to America for some BIG BUCKS.

And no bono, it is just for the economics, nothing to do with American superiority.
Yes I know that.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)

Only if they are a partner in a successful surgery, most GP's only earn about £60k.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (313)
52.78%
No (280)
47.22%

Watched Threads