The Student Room Group

Are Ugg boots chavvy?

I bought a pair of boots 4 years ago which look similar to Uggs but I tend to wear with dresses and tights in the winter to keep warm. I went to my friend's the other day and she says 'your wearing Ugg boots - they are so chavvy'. I thought how dare she say that considering how rubbish she looks even when she makes the effort :yep:. I thought I looked nice and they certainly ain't no Jordan ones with all the fluff around the edges. Why do people say boots even Ugg looking ones are for chavs?

Scroll to see replies

Dunno, but they're overdone and boring.
they didn't used to be chavvy.. but just like burberry, the cheap rip off ugg boots from shoe zone etc have made the feel thing less desirable imo
Reply 3
Personally I think it depends how you wear them but overall I would say no. Afterall, most chavs won't be able to afford UGG boots.
Ugg boots = ugly!

Waste of money IMO.

Chavvy - not sure tbh as not looked into them.
Reply 5
if you where them properly you can avoid looking chavvy
Reply 6
i love ugg boots ... and i dont think they are chavvy ... and they are the most comfortable shoes to wear in the winter .... and they keep ur toes nice and cosy...:smile:
Reply 7
Depends entirely on how the rest of you is dressed.
Nah they're not. The majority of the time, they're just like other boots/shoes.

Although, they can look chavvy depending on the rest of what you're wearing.
Reply 9
Nope, some of the wealthiest people I know wear them.
Stupidest invention made.
YES. UGGS are chavvy. Girls (and boys) please don't buy them! Boycott Ugg boots! They've had their fair share of profit all around the world, they were ok to wear in the early 2000's but if you ever hear (or say) "I JUST got a pair of those new Ugg boots!!!" and think "Hmmm wow!", or in the case that you may have hit your head against the office of Heat magazine and bought a pair yourself... Then, sorry, you're not oh so uberly cool as you'd like to think. Burn Ugg boots, their crapppy immitations and a like.

Also stop the hat sock crap with these wooly hats that all the 'cool dudes' are wearing which look like the old style pyjamas hats and also boycott those 'middle eastern immitation scarves'. If you are a girl and wear a combination of tights, ugg boots, the hat sock things and those crappy scarves then go and hang yourself like a scene out of the film The Happening.

Too bad if you just got a pair for Christmas...
flowerness
Stupidest invention made.

In the world of shoes, wouldn't Crocs come first?
Invictus_88
In the world of shoes, wouldn't Crocs come first?

Tough choice.
This calls for a poll?
Chavs are ruining all major designer companies by wearing their stuff. Other day I saw a chav in Armani Hoody and Trackies.
Real Ugg boots aren't particularly chavvy, but the fake ones which are always heavily worn away to one side are just so ridiculous looking.
Reply 16
I always thought posher people would tend to wear more Ugg boots, not chavs. But oh well!
yes.. dont care if they are real or fake, it looks like you have sodomised a bear with your foot, and took half its fur with you..
Apocalypte
Real Ugg boots aren't particularly chavvy, but the fake ones which are always heavily worn away to one side are just so ridiculous looking.

I agree with this. I have some genuine ones and I don't care how crap people think they look, they're so warm and comfortable it's worth it!
yes

Latest