The Student Room Group
Ermmm Carribean Twist the white one tastes like Malibu to me. It's a mixed drink already though. It's about £2.
Reply 2
I wouldnt swear to it but I think Aldis/Lidls do something like Malibu , cant remember what its called though. Sometimes local offys also do cheaper versions of Malibu too.
Reply 3
Yeah Caribbean Twist, the Pina Colada version's like a fruitier Malibu. It's an alcopop though, so probably only 5%.
Reply 4
I'm sure tesco does a cheap version of Malibu!
Reply 5
LouLou815

Yeah, they definately do. I have bought it before..its nice =)

I can't remember the name but it tastes exactly the same as Malibu but is about 6 or 7 quid. OP, it shold be next to the normal malibu in Tesco.
Reply 6
Vixen
Yeah, agree with this...they definately do.

I can't remember the name but it tastes exactly the same as Malibu but is about 6 or 7 quid.

I think it's actually only about £5... :eek:
Reply 7
LouLou815
I think it's actually only about £5... :eek:

Oooh, even better :biggrin:

And it's so nice. I even added that onto my original post. Thats how nice it is :yep: :p:
Reply 8
Iceland do a cheap version of malibu, and peach schnapps. I think both are usually £4-5, sometimes they do 3 bottles for £10 :biggrin: I always stock up on peach schnapps there.
Annie72
I wouldnt swear to it but I think Aldis/Lidls do something like Malibu , cant remember what its called though. Sometimes local offys also do cheaper versions of Malibu too.

Aldi's version of Malibu is called Cocobay, if I remember rightly
Reply 10
Asda do it.. its called like white carribean rum or something.
Reply 11
Vixen
Oooh, even better :biggrin:

And it's so nice. I even added that onto my original post. Thats how nice it is :yep: :p:

:yep: It is lovely, maybe slightly sweeter than Malibu, but still gooooood!
Reply 12
wow, thanks for all the replies!
i had a quick look on the sainburys website but couldn't see anything, so thanks for the help! :smile:
This reminds me of the time when we went to Poland, and my friend really wanted Malibu. We don't speak Polish and we wandered off from our Polish friend, so we pointed at something with a coconut tree on it, and she put it in coke, and it was like creamy.

And then we bought just plain rum, and then no-one liked it, so we played that game wher you put coke and beer and wine and stuff into a cup and whoever loses the game has to drink it, and I lost and I threw up.

And then we bought cherry brandy and real fake-Malibu and she loved it so much I had to throw away the rest of my cherry brandy and put it in the bottle (mine was 150ml or something) and carry it through cos I was 18 and she was 17.

Good times.

The moral is...don't experiment with Malibu.
Reply 14
Woman up and down that Vodka.
Reply 15
LouLou815

It's called Cocobana!
Reply 16
Juno
It's called Cocobana!

THANK YOU!! :biggrin:
I remember the name making me laugh as it was cheesy but couldn't remember what it was!
cococabana. its exactly like malibu but less than half the price. its what i drink and i can't tell the difference!
Reply 18
Tesco do one. It's fantastic . Only in the big stores Hun . It's a Clear bottle next to the Malibu .I can't recall the percentage as I've had a drink of Malibu tonight funnily . But is a good percentage I remember that much and is only £5 and it tastes the same. Also tesco keeo putting it on sale £12.99 i only bought 4! Doh! I hope you find it and enjoy!
Ps i dont work for tesco lol......
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Oooh yes! Home Bargains do a version that I'm quite drunk off now!!! Its nicer than Malibu in my opinion. Its £4.99 and its called Kokomo. You can thank me later haha!

Latest