Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    but what for? why would he mess me about? he has no reason to so it cant be true, surely? he could get someone else if he wanted to?
    Some people are into the whole drama of getting someone and then messing them around and then getting them back again.

ReputationRep:
    no but he's not like that he is special. he says he cant go out with me cos im too smart and too good for him.surely you must be mistaken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    It's true; relationships aren't something that should require this much chasing and reconsiling and general HASSLE.

Honestly, my boyfriend and I don't have to work at ours one jot. I seriously think you're on the wrong, wrong track.
    Ideally relationships don't involve hassle but serious relationships rarely are hassle-free. If you always get on, never argue, that's when you've got to worry. It's often a sign that there's not much going on in terms of chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Ideally relationships don't involve hassle but serious relationships rarely are. If you always get on, never argue, that's when you've got to worry. It's often a sign that there's not much going on in terms of chemistry.
    I disagree. Bickering and arguing everyday is just too tiring and I think that it shows signs of incompatibility. Chemistry is that spark of desire, fighting shouldnt be confused with desire.

ReputationRep:
    no but he's not like that he is special. he says he cant go out with me cos im too smart and too good for him.surely you must be mistaken
    From all I've heard from you over the past months no I dont believe I'm wrong. It shouldnt be this much hard work.

ReputationRep:
    yea but we arent serious. he says we only were seeing each other for one week out of the four months i thought we were.
    do u think my ''hi luv how was work tday i wish my luv isnt angry wat'll i do if my sweetie get upset again?pls accept my sorryness n wat gift can i buy 4 my honey?'' text was too OTT for just being friends?

ReputationRep:
    yea but we arent serious. he says we only were seeing each other for one week out of the four months i thought we were.
    do u think my ''hi luv how was work tday i wish my luv isnt angry wat'll i do if my sweetie get upset again?pls accept my sorryness n wat gift can i buy 4 my honey?'' text was too OTT for just being friends?
    Er yeah. Personally you hould delete his number and stay away from him. you cant be friends with someone you think you love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    Yes okay, I understand your point, but I still don't think you are getting my point.

If you read the earlier posts, you will see that I mention a regular basis.

Any two friends who have sex on a regular basis are f*ck buddies, or if they go on dates as such, and are considering being exclusive, then they are seeing each other. Friends who have sex once okay, fair enough... too much drink been there etc... but if they do it regularly, they are kidding themselves into thinking they are just friends, because 'just friends' of the opposite or same (if you swing that way) sex DO NOT have sex regularly. - Its the law.

I hope I have cleared up any confussion.
    OK but previously you were mentioning sex as something that defines how serious a relationships is when it doesn't. You can have a serious relationship without sex being an issue, especially when you're young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    Er yeah. Personally you hould delete his number and stay away from him. you cant be friends with someone you think you love.
    but i always text him like that and he texts me like that some of the time. but he only now told me we have always only just been frinds. and i already said i cant leav! if i ignore him he'll come after me! cos we are in doing law together!

ReputationRep:
    i have to wholeheartedly disagree. Just because I don't overrationalise and piddle about arguing about the whereabouts of the remote control doesn't mean that I don't have any chemistry going on. I'd sooner have a giggle and/or a conversation than an argument.

Chemistry isn't about make-up sex.
    Your so much better at putting the point across than me

ReputationRep:
    but i always text him like that and he texts me like that some of the time. but he only now told me we have always only just been frinds. and i already said i cant leav! if i ignore him he'll come after me! cos we are in doing law together!
    I would never text my friends like that, its inappropriate on the whole, espec with somoen you've been seeing. just because your on the same course doesnt mean you have to be friends. be polite but brief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    I would never text my friends like that, its inappropriate on the whole, espec with somoen you've been seeing. just because your on the same course doesnt mean you have to be friends. be polite but brief.
    no but he says we were never seeing each other hence the thread title he says we have always only ever been frindes i thought we were but he says not. he told one of out mates when they asked 'are u 2 seeing each other' he said 'no never cos we r different' and he told me he meant it.

. and we always text each other like that. and if i giv hi m the cold sholdeer he'll spreadl lies aboot me.wat to doooo??

thanks btw i giv u a rep 4 ur help

ReputationRep:
    no but he says we were never seeing each other hence the thread title he says we have always only ever been frindes i thought we were but he says not. he told one of out mates when they asked 'are u 2 seeing each other' he said 'no never cos we r different' and he told me he meant it.

. and we always text each other like that. and if i giv hi m the cold sholdeer he'll spreadl lies aboot me.wat to doooo??

thanks btw i giv u a rep 4 ur help
    Ignore him. If he spreads lies then ignore them. he is just a petty child if he stoops to that.

ReputationRep:
    i have to wholeheartedly disagree. Just because I don't overrationalise and piddle about arguing about the whereabouts of the remote control doesn't mean that I don't have any chemistry going on. I'd sooner have a giggle and/or a conversation than an argument.

Chemistry isn't about make-up sex.
    Who was talking about sex? I didn't take your relationship as an example. I know nothing about it. But in a serious relationship, with commitment, there are always going to be situations where things don't run so smoothly. Two human beings have different personnalities. No matter how compatible too people are, there are always going to be conflicts of interest. If there are no arguments, there's nothing to argue about... that is never a sign of a serious relationship.
    This applies differently to different couples.

ReputationRep:
    i think in all relationships you will argue at some point about something. but it isnt necessary. but then again, look at me i dont know wat im saying

anyway he's taking me out for luch tomorrow he lovs me!

ReputationRep:

anyway he's taking me out for luch tomorrow he lovs me!
    Phone him and tell him you cant make it.

Face it he will never commit to you.

ReputationRep:
    how do you know anyway? he might? how can you tell? what is it that makes you think this?

ReputationRep:
    nono, you didn't have to take mine as an example...I was giving my personal opinion.

To be honest, a partnership that goes without hitches is a sign that those involved have similar ideals and just know their partner inside out. I'd certainly rather be in a relationship that ran smoothly, rather in one where I didn't know whether we were still together after last night's argument.

Relationships are there to make you feel better, safe and loved; not shunned if not forced into compromise.
    That's because you see an argument as something necessarily negative. A total absence of arguments can mean that there's a total lack of communication.
    In a non-serious relationship, for example, there rarely are arguments because there's nothing to argue about. If both parties just see eachother to have fun (whatever that means to them) and don't share other aspects of their lives, there's nothing to argue about. When I was 16, seeing my girlfriend twice a week just to go out a bit, hang around her place or just make out, what were we going to argue about?

How you deal with arguments once they arise is a totally different matter. But even knowing someone very well doesn't mean you can avoid them becoming nasty.

ReputationRep:
    how do you know anyway? he might? how can you tell? what is it that makes you think this?
    Because of everything you have told us of the past few months. they aren't actions of a man who really is interested in commiting.

ReputationRep:
    your barrage of "he's a *******" posts every few days.
    maybe im too sensitive. i dont have alot of experince either

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.