What does the phrase 'seeing someone' actually mean? Watch

This discussion is closed.
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I think we've gotten to the stage with carpet that she's going to do and think what she wants, regardless of how good or honest our advice is.

It gets really disheartening when you're trying to help someone stuck in a vicious circle and they won't help themselves or concede that maybe their way isn't working out.
I agree. I've skimmed the thread and it's just really frustrating. I'm sorry magiccarpet, but you're simply deluding yourself. The guy is a ********. He's always going to be a ********. And you're going to look back at your attitude and laugh/cringe. You'd be doing yourself the biggest favour by leaving it. Nobody is trying to be mean here, it just seems that you need brutal honestly.
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
well the fact that i now know that thanks to you guys means i have the POWER!

anyway he bought me a rose to make up for it so he does lov me
but honestly i think u're too soft on him...girl u deserve better...much better.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
the special lunch together turned out to be a diet coke in burger king with his best mate
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the special lunch together turned out to be a diet coke in burger king with his best mate
What a surprise. Hopefully you'll realise now.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
actually i was just on the fone to someone from TSR and they sound alot more decent.

but i dont know what to do about the guy. im so insulted. ok when he gave me the rose i started crying and yes i have been a b*ch to him after i found out he lied all the time. but i would have thought he'd think of a better way to make it up to me than a coke in burger king :mad:
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
actually i was just on the fone to someone from TSR and they sound alot more decent.

but i dont know what to do about the guy. im so insulted. ok when he gave me the rose i started crying and yes i have been a b*ch to him after i found out he lied all the time. but i would have thought he'd think of a better way to make it up to me than a coke in burger king :mad:
Basically, he doesn't give a crap. And neither should you. Soz to be harsh but it's true. He'll never make it up. Move on. End of.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
he want to be friends?
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
possibly. but I wouldn't want to be good friends with him.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
but secretly i fancy hm
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
exactly! More a reason not to be. Just leave him, honestly.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
huh? but if i get to be his best mate then he will fancy me too
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No he won't! Rubbish. Nothing you do will make him treat you any better. Why would you want to make so much effort with somebody who is quite blatently a ********. Move on.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
no but he did fancy me then took me out etc then i did his work for him and he was really sweet but since the work is finished, on the same day i cried in fron tof him about missing my ex bf, he didnt talk to me for 2 weeks. he now says its because he feels ashmed i worked for a him and he feels weak. he's also started attending uni and studying now. i cant tell if he likes me or not

thanks for your help btw i dont hav alot experience so i dono wat to think. i did rep u
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for the rep! Listen, i'm not trying to be harsh with you, only honest. The guy sounds like a total ****. I'm not sure what he's playing at, but it isn't a good game. Even if he did like you a little he's messed you to the point where he's made you look foolish and feel upset. You can do better. i'd say move on to a better guy.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I keep saying the same thing. He is using you. Leave him. You don't want to listen but you need to accept this otherwise you are giving him the power to run your life.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
*cries a bit*
i'll see if we can talk things through :bawling: thanks everyone
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ROTFL! This stuff is great. This is going to sound harsh, but you need to be told straight.

1) You're a fool.

2) The guy doesn't care about you. He's probably just having a laugh with his mates at your expense.

3) The text messages you send are way over the top. For a start they're worded really funny - I cracked up reading them - and you make yourself seem retarded and clingy.

4) If you become best friends with him he wont 'fancy you'. That's just stupid.

5) The rose doesn't mean he loves you.

6) You need to sort yourself out.

Kthnx
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
ROTFL! This stuff is great. This is going to sound harsh, but you need to be told straight.

1) You're a fool.

2) The guy doesn't care about you. He's probably just having a laugh with his mates at your expense.

3) The text messages you send are way over the top. For a start they're worded really funny - I cracked up reading them - and you make yourself seem retarded and clingy.

4) If you become best friends with him he wont 'fancy you'. That's just stupid.

5) The rose doesn't mean he loves you.

6) You need to sort yourself out.

Kthnx
1) now that's plain rude

2) its not true he started crying on the fone when i said i didnt like him anymore cos he used me

3) he sends the same sort to me even tho he says we are just friends

4) yar wana bet

5) possibly you may be right

6) may htanks for your helpless advice
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
1) now that's plain rude
Maybe it is, but you need to be told. Everyone except you can see how you're being treated, yet you fail to consider you could be wrong.

2) its not true he started crying on the fone when i said i didnt like him anymore cos he used me
Answer me this. If the guy actually liked you, and was interested, why would he act like he is? H'es bluntly said he's not interested. It's probably a laugh to him.

3) he sends the same sort to me even tho he says we are just friends
Well you're both equally weird. I wouldn't send texts like that to any of my female friends, and if i was to recieve them i'd be freaked out.

4) yar wana bet
Yes, i do. Although there is the chance that as you spend more time together as best friends he may see you differently, to say that he will fall for you purely because you're now bets friends is naive and stupid. I have many good friends, and i don't fall for them because we're better friends.

5) possibly you may be right
At least your on the right track now. Maybe there is some hope

6) may htanks for your helpless advice
It wasn't advice. I didn't give you any advice at all, i just pointed out certain things. My advice to you, however, would be to just forget him.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Well you're both equally weird. I wouldn't send texts like that to any of my female friends, and if i was to recieve them i'd be freaked out.
see? he does like me! so we must be mor than frinds!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads