So are you going to go to cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    So are you going to go to cambridge?
    Probably not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Probably not
    but you could change departments if you hate the course that much!

ReputationRep:
    but you could change departments if you hate the course that much!
    I could, but I still don't know what to. A year off just to think about things and to reassess will probably be for the best (even if I do have to get my application off by October).

ReputationRep:
    I could, but I still don't know what to. A year off just to think about things and to reassess will probably be for the best (even if I do have to get my application off by October).
    did you discuss writing to the admissions tutors and seeing if they'd keep the offer open for another year? if you truly hate cambridge as a university then fair enough, but dismissing an offer because of the course is something i'd think VERY carefully about, but then I suppose you've considered everything quite deeply if you're speculating about taking a year out.

ReputationRep:
    did you discuss writing to the admissions tutors and seeing if they'd keep the offer open for another year? if you truly hate cambridge as a university then fair enough, but dismissing an offer because of the course is something i'd think VERY carefully about, but then I suppose you've considered everything quite deeply if you're speculating about taking a year out.
    I'm going to accept the offer anyway, just in case I change my mind again, then pull out of UCAS at the last moment if I don't. That will give me about the same amount more time to think about whether I really don't want the place there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to accept the offer anyway, just in case I change my mind again, then pull out of UCAS at the last moment if I don't. That will give me about the same amount more time to think about whether I really don't want the place there.
    what would you do as an alternative (taking into account a year out)?

ReputationRep:
    Maths and Philosophy. Or busking.

ReputationRep:
    Maths and Philosophy. Or busking.
    That's what most philosophy graduates end up doing anyway

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t61589.html

My search for other thief fans is still going on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t61589.html

My search for other thief fans is still going on...
    :eek: why is your join date "Join Date: Feb 2004"?

Whoops. I thought we were in 2004 now.

ReputationRep:
    That's what most philosophy graduates end up doing anyway
    Heh, exactly. I thought I might just cut out the middleman.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, exactly. I thought I might just cut out the middleman.
    I take it they don't offer a combined philosophy and maths course at cambridge or you would've contacted them already re: possibility of a transfer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    what was it?
    what did it say?

i think mine was somthing like...

"This is the once in a lifetime founding of... MURDOK!!!
    Say hello..."

i cant remember which forum it was in tho...
    i think mine was the "will professor snape die at the end of book 7?" thread.

ReputationRep:
    I take it they don't offer a combined philosophy and maths course at cambridge or you would've contacted them already re: possibility of a transfer.
    am I the only one who hates talking about universities? Makes me kinda depressed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    am I the only one who hates talking about universities? Makes me kinda depressed...
    Why does it make you feel depressed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    :eek: why is your join date "Join Date: Feb 2004"?

Whoops. I thought we were in 2004 now.
    I joined another VBulletin board in Feb '04, I didn't join TSR until September

ReputationRep:
    I could do a couple of years of maths finished with a year of philosophy, but:
    1) I'd have to do mechanics.
    2) I'm not good enough for Cam maths.
    3) I genuinely want to combine the two subjects.

My original plan was to do two years compsci, then see if I could finish that off with a year of philo, but then I realised that I'm just not sure if I could make it through those two years. Plus, as I said, I want to combine the subjects rather than study them as separate entities, and, if I'm already thinking a couple of years into the future to do philosophy, I should probably be doing it from the the offset anyway.

ReputationRep:
    This is my very first post. Must take a note of what I am saying here...

1st Post by Pentagram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Why does it make you feel depressed?
    today was my second day in school (final year) and already I've had to answer no less than four times: No, I still don't know where I intend to go to... No, I don't know if I'll stay in Brazil or not... No, no idea what I want to do either....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.