Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At London Brixton Academy.

Anyone going? I am and I cannto wait, it's gonna be AWESOME.

ReputationRep:
    they have one good song

ReputationRep:
    Try not to get your hopes up too much, I saw them a few weeks ago, they were good, but they didn't quite meet my expectations and a lot of people said it was nothing like as good as their earlier gigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Try not to get your hopes up too much, I saw them a few weeks ago, they were good, but they didn't quite meet my expectations and a lot of people said it was nothing like as good as their earlier gigs.

NME awards tour?

I thought they were pretty good, though they were probably the least impressive band of the night...though I enjoyed them the most because the crowd were more into it...

The Futureheads put on the best performance IMO, Bloc Party were great too, but not as good as the other times i've seen them...and The Kaiser Chiefs were also very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Hmm. I saw them back in July, and they were class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    they have one good song
    they do :eek:

ReputationRep:
    One good song? Which do you consider to be their only good song?
    Let me guess, Mr brightside.

They are probably so knackered from all the touring they have bene doing it wont be as good as their earlier shows, but who cares, its better than listening to their album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    NME awards tour?

I thought they were pretty good, though they were probably the least impressive band of the night...though I enjoyed them the most because the crowd were more into it...

The Futureheads put on the best performance IMO, Bloc Party were great too, but not as good as the other times i've seen them...and The Kaiser Chiefs were also very good.
    Everybody said the same thing, I think the problem is the gig coniensided with the height of the Killers in the UK, I doubt they ever will be as big as they were then, they had a number one album, a number 3 single, I guess they just didn't need to make that much effort.

It just reminded me too much listening to their album, they didn't actually perform like you would expect an indie band to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    The Futureheads put on the best performance IMO,
    really?
    i saw them supporting the zutons, so perphaps its not fair to base my opinions on a support slot, but they were appling, one of the worst bands i've seen second only to the cribs.

all their songs are the same and the guitarist broke all his strings 3 times over, which was entertaining at first, but also rather pointless, and it slowed their set down alot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Hmm. I saw them back in July, and they were class
    I saw them in August at V festival and they got the crowd going and everyone was really into it. I'd had their album a couple of months then but never really listened to it, after I saw them it didn't leave my CD player!

A mate gave me a bootleg of them ages ago and since then I've been kinda hooked. I remember being soooooo exited when the album was released that I actually bothered to spend my hard earned cash on it. Can't believe some people are saying that they only have one or two good songs......put the album on and skip Mr Brightside, Somebody, and Indie RnR....it still kicks ass!

ReputationRep:
    I think the first 4 tracks on the album are the best.

ReputationRep:
    i got a few mp3s off the net and really liked them, but for some reason when i bought the album i was indeifferent to them, the album as a whole isn't that great at all, i havent listened to it in ages, only through about 3/4 times since i got it...

oh well,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    they have one good song
    Why do people who spend their time listening to mainstream radio and watching MTV always say that?
    Plus how you can single out a song on an album and say that's good full stop, is beyond me. It's probably that the song you're thinking of is pop enough to be enjoyed by anyone who gets excited as soon as they hear some gimicky thing in a song.

Same problem with the expression "one-hit wonder". What's a hit? A song that only gets into the UK top 10?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worried_mess)
    At London Brixton Academy.

Anyone going? I am and I cannto wait, it's gonna be AWESOME.
    Any idea how much the tickets would be if I got them off some scalpers?
    100 pounds for 2 on ebay is like being raped. Better than REM tomorrow for 200 though.

ReputationRep:
    Andy you're a star

ReputationRep:
    Well they were BRILLIANT. Much better than I thought, and I was right at the front, literally!

ReputationRep:
    Indie Rock and Roll for Me

What a choooooooooooone :thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    To anyone who thinks the killers are a one hit wonder, listen to their tracks 'Change your mind' and 'Mr Brightside' from their album - both quality songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    To anyone who thinks the killers are a one hit wonder, listen to their tracks 'Change your mind' and 'Mr Brightside' from their album - both quality songs.
    'Change Your Mind' isn't on the album and 'Mr Brightside' was a single in the summer.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.