Turn on thread page Beta

How long should hangovers last? watch

ReputationRep:
    I usually feel like crap all day after but I do gradually feel better as the day progresses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I'm not made of money you know. Bottles of cider cost about £3 while vodka or Red Square or something cost between £3 (for a small amount that would have no affect) and £10. Look at tonight...i just bought 2 3litre bottles of frosty jack for £6.40. That will last me the full weekend and possibly even next weekend as well. If i bought something that wasn't "cheap" then i would be broke after 1 night.
    I heard aftershave and alcohol based hand cleansers available in NHS wards are good alternatives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    I usually feel like crap all day after but I do gradually feel better as the day progresses
    Yeah i'm definitely not as bad as i was this morning. Oouft that was murder...i still feel dodgy though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    omfg then don't drink. problem solved.

christ.
    yeah seriously, maybe you wouldnt need money if you didnt drink :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    yeah seriously, maybe you wouldnt need money if you didnt drink :rolleyes:
    Now that's true.

I acutally think i'm developing a problem. I drank every night from Friday til last night and at one point i was even raiding my sisters piggy banks for change. I feel so ashamed but my mates were all telling me they were drinking and if they were and i wasn't, i'd feel crap.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm definitely not as bad as i was this morning. Oouft that was murder...i still feel dodgy though.
    vomit and if you feel like it but can't put your fingers down your throat, will soon come out, you don't even need to put them down just close to the back of your mouth. Drink plenty of fluid but make sure you eat as well otherwise your stomach will probably just expel it, looking pretty much the same as it went down. Lots of sleep is good as well.

ReputationRep:
    I think [hope] there comes a time in a deluded teenagers life when they actually realise that they don't need to drink to

-have fun
    -loosen up
    -talk to members of the opposite sex
    -make friends
    -look cool
    -feel hard
    -be a grown up

Until then, it's quite embarrassing to watch, hear about and do.
    I thoroughly endorse this post.

ReputationRep:
    Now that's true.

I acutally think i'm developing a problem. I drank every night from Friday til last night and at one point i was even raiding my sisters piggy banks for change. I feel so ashamed but my mates were all telling me they were drinking and if they were and i wasn't, i'd feel crap.
    Dont do it just because they want you to. If they make you drink when you dont really want to, they arent really good friends are they? Dont let them peer pressure you into doing it.

ReputationRep:
    why?

-Oh, and by the way -stealing for alcohol money at 15 or whatever age you are does not exactly bode well for development into responsible, non alcoholic/kleptomaniac adult. I suggest you curb that before you end up in some deeper crap.
    Because, if they were all drunk, they'd all be having a laugh (even if it was laughing at nothing in particular) while i sat there bored out my head and i'd be the one left to look after everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to sound patronising, but when I was 15 I felt the same about things, just thankfully my drinking was more moderate.. the occasional few at house parties.

Maybe you need new friends? Drinking is all well and good but if you're in with a crowd that does unhealthy things then it's hard not to join in.. I bet secretly they all worry too about this kind of thing, and if they don't then quite frankly they're messed up. If they're good friends then they won't encourage you to drink so much.

ReputationRep:
    Get some new friends then. They are obviously having a bad effect on you if you're stealing money for alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    i hate hangovers sooo, much. If you drink about 2 pints of water before you goto bed you don't get them, but when i do i get them real bad, i've thrown up everything i've eaten for about 10 hours after i've stopped drinking before.

how old are you? i thought oyu were only about 14 or something, somes pretty stupid what your doing to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    i hate hangovers sooo, much. If you drink about 2 pints of water before you goto bed you don't get them, but when i do i get them real bad, i've thrown up everything i've eaten for about 10 hours after i've stopped drinking before.

how old are you? i thought oyu were only about 14 or something, somes pretty stupid what your doing to me.
    I'm 15. And i do know that i am being really daft acting like i do....its just that....well i dont know to be honest. I just can't seem to give up.

ReputationRep:
    Its called conformity, or maybe alcohol addiction, conformity is the social reason

ReputationRep:
    gotta say drinking a **** load of crap cider every weekend isn't my idea of fun. Just do what most people I know do, if they're skint they don't go out. Simple really.

ReputationRep:
    Stop abusing someone for getting cheap booze, if you drink to get drunk then why pay more than you need to?

ReputationRep:
    My hangover today was ok, lasted about an hour, though I was drinking bourbon and i have no probs with that.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, sorry another alcohol related thread but i just wondered, is it normal to still be hungover a full day after getting really drunk?
    happened to me about 2 months ago, was hungover for a whole day and even felt like **** the morning after that! i still say my drink was spiked!

ReputationRep:
    i've had a couple of 36 hour hangovers... they're so bad, all you can do is just sleep (because we all know movement is evil)

my 18th was on good friday last year and i couldn't eat any easter eggs at all on the sunday (but was back drinking by monday hehe)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Because, if they were all drunk, they'd all be having a laugh (even if it was laughing at nothing in particular) while i sat there bored out my head and i'd be the one left to look after everyone else.
    I've given up alcohol for lent. To be honest, I don't really drink that much anyway, but I still go out with my friends and everything and still have a great time even if they're absolutely hammered. I find it hilarious the things they come out with, and still laugh along with them and everything. It's also quite funny seeing they're faces once you enlighten them of they're escapades of the night before, the morning after! If you're serious about wanting to cut down and save yourself some money then either, set yourself a goal of a week or something without alcohol and then see how it goes. Alternatively, instead of going out to the pub/club( ? ) why don't you suggest you all do something else? Go to the cinema or something. Saying that though, that's probably just as expensive - just sit round and chat, watch a video, do a project or something I dunno!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.