The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I believe in long distance relationships.. just as well seeing as me and my boyfriend live three hours apart :p:
Reply 2
F. Poste
I believe in long distance relationships.. just as well seeing as me and my boyfriend live three hours apart :p:

is that babyshambles by any chance? :rolleyes:
:biggrin:
Reply 3
definitely

my boyfriend lives in glasgow and I live at the opposite end of the country. We see each other every month(ish), speak on the telephone everyday, and it's lasted for fourteen months thus far.

I am wary of long distance relationships where the couple have nothing to work towards (ie. moving to be with one another); my boyfriend and I always intended that I would go to university in glasgow, so there was an incentive there.
Reply 4
wild thing
is that babyshambles by any chance? :rolleyes:
:biggrin:

Heheh :redface: However did you guess?
Reply 5
F. Poste
Heheh :redface: However did you guess?

mmmm...i WONDER :wink:
how long have you been going out for then?? :biggrin:
Reply 6
wild thing
mmmm...i WONDER :wink:
how long have you been going out for then?? :biggrin:

Two weeks tomorrow :biggrin:

What about you and your boyfriend? and how did you meet? :smile:
Reply 7
F. Poste
Two weeks tomorrow :biggrin:

What about you and your boyfriend? and how did you meet? :smile:

you're not going to believe this...but at the Oxford interview :biggrin::biggrin: lol.
We've been going out now forrrrr *calculates* a week and a half :flute:
I'm seeing him in 2 weeks...can't wait!! wooohoo :punk:

how did you meet him then?? :smile:
Reply 8
wild thing
you're not going to believe this...but at the Oxford interview :biggrin::biggrin: lol.
We've been going out now forrrrr *calculates* a week and a half :flute:
I'm seeing him in 2 weeks...can't wait!! wooohoo :punk:

how did you meet him then?? :smile:

Awww that's so great, Oxford's such a romantic place, it's so cool that you met there :biggrin: Did you get a place? Which college did you apply to? I should really have remembered if you were posting in the Oxford forum :redface:

As for how I met him.. err we kind of met here :biggrin:
Reply 9
F. Poste
Awww that's so great, Oxford's such a romantic place, it's so cool that you met there :biggrin: Did you get a place? Which college did you apply to? I should really have remembered if you were posting in the Oxford forum :redface:

As for how I met him.. err we kind of met here :biggrin:

looool....awww that's so sweet!
I did an open application and was allocated at Corpus for law. Mike's told me all about you...you're at Somerville aren't you :smile:. I met him after he met you i think...and then he showed me the pics! You're really pretty!!! :biggrin:
And no I didn't get a place to read law lol...but that's ok :wink: :biggrin: Hope i get an offer from LSE though :redface:
Reply 10
wild thing
looool....awww that's so sweet!
I did an open application and was allocated at Corpus for law. Mike's told me all about you...you're at Somerville aren't you :smile:. I met him after he met you i think...and then he showed me the pics! You're really pretty!!! :biggrin:
And no I didn't get a place to read law lol...but that's ok :wink: :biggrin: Hope i get an offer from LSE though :redface:

:redface: Thank you :biggrin:

Good luck with the LSE, you're better off not at Oxford seeing as you wouldn't be a Somervillian :wink: *hopes no Oxonians come in here to beat her up*

What are your boyfriend's plans? If you're going to both be studying in England then it's only months until you become not-so-long-distance :biggrin:
we live 1,000.00 miles away and we love each other, since 3 years ago... oh i forgot... we have a 5 yr old kid
Reply 12

Me and my boyfriend are 5 hours apart and we've been together nearly 3 years. Its hard, very hard. People said we wouldn't last my first term at uni, but we have! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Nope cause they will get bored and just find someone better

Not that they wouldnt if you lived close to them, but it would be easyer for them to do it.
Reply 14
BhArJ
Nope cause they will get bored and just find someone better

Not that they wouldnt if you lived close to them, but it would be easyer for them to do it.

Err.. no. In casual relationships, maybe, but I think people who embark on long distance relationships do so because that person is just so special that they can't be without them even though being with them involves effort. If they think someone better's just round the corner then couples in long distance relationships wouldn't even bother starting it or continuing it in the first place!
Reply 15
F. Poste
Err.. no. In casual relationships, maybe, but I think people who embark on long distance relationships do so because that person is just so special that they can't be without them even though being with them involves effort. If they think someone better's just round the corner then couples in long distance relationships wouldn't even bother starting it or continuing it in the first place!

ah please, give any relationship a year at most and one of them will get bored :puke:
Reply 16
BhArJ
ah please, give any relationship a year at most and one of them will get bored :puke:

Just look at this thread: Marychrist and her boyfriend, 14 months, Sarky and her boyfriend, almost 3 years.. Proof right there that your statement isn't universally true :smile:
F. Poste
Just look at this thread: Marychrist and her boyfriend, 14 months, Sarky and her boyfriend, almost 3 years.. Proof right there that your statement isn't universally true :smile:

Indeed. I've been going out with my girlfriend for practically a year now (anniversary in 2 weeks :love: ) and she lives 4000 miles away in the US. It's also true that internet relationships are never planned. I met her by chance just after I had quit uni last year (she's also the reason I came back) through a penfriends site. After a few days we found we have everything in common and fell for each other :dancing: . Before any of you cynics say anything; we know what each other looks like (I think she's beautiful and she rather likes me :biggrin: ), we've talked on the phone and she's planning to come over in a year and a half, partly for uni but part me as well :love: . Without her I wouldn't be where I am today.
Reply 18
being in a l-d relationship has made me and my bf stronger... we have to make so much effort to see each other now, include each other in our lives etc. and it would be so easy just to drift apart, but we haven't. We've spoken about this quite a few times and it's made us talk to each other a lot more about our feelings, and the weekends we have together are so brilliant because we just try and make them as special as possible (like last weekend we went to edinburgh to see scotland-ireland). I think when you have to make an effort it makes you realise how important they are because it is totally worth it

lou xxx
i should have figured "long distance" did not mean what i thought it did....

/me looking for another thread

Just kidding. It only depends on the involved persons' characters. In most cases they are very difficult to cope with.

Latest

Trending

Trending