Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Are you gay?

You just seem totally anti-females. Relationship breakdown? - or are you simply being an idiot? - I suppose you did say you're not all that clever.
    just being realistic

are you Germaine Greer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    just being realistic

are you Germaine Greer?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    And those who say they truly can't find a smart woman why not try Oxbridge?
    Trust me, there's plenty of stupid people here too, maybe there are no dumb people in the Ox land. There are plenty of extremely tedious people too (I expect I'm one but hey there you go).

I don't really mind if I perceive women to be more intelligent than me or less so as long as I don't feel they're particularly below me. They have to keep up!

A.

ReputationRep:
    I just have to share my favorite quote with all of you who care (or don't):

"Nerds are sexy."

Wow... my 3rd post. Hmmn.

ReputationRep:
    i study hard and i like to do well in my exams. i dont think its wrong for a woman to be ambitious. i want a first class honours in law and im not ashamed to admit that. im not going to degrade myself by acting dumb for any guy, whoever the hell he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    i've just been dumped by a guy he says we cant be together cos im more intelligent than him.
    i also read in the papers that smart women find it hard to find partners.
    so what do u think about going out with a girl smarter than u? do u like it? or do u want a dumber girl so u can eb the brains
    I would like the challenge of going out with someone more inteligent than myself (from my estimations me and my girlfriend are equal intellectually which is still fun).

ReputationRep:
    yah, ur smart and good at poetry *envies win's gf*

ReputationRep:
    i've just been dumped by a guy he says we cant be together cos im more intelligent than him.
    i also read in the papers that smart women find it hard to find partners.
    so what do u think about going out with a girl smarter than u? do u like it? or do u want a dumber girl so u can eb the brains
    Oh dear if you're smarter than your bf, he must be REALLY dumb.

Oooops :p: Couldn't help it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)

oy shurrup you!

we are at uni doing law together and he says his chinese culture means he's attracted to weak dumb women

ReputationRep:

The question is, who is more intelligent, you are englishstudent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Ahhhhh I would say him. Maybe equal. I'm not more intelligent than him though. I don't really know. Main thing is we are very intellectually compatible methinks. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh I would say him. Maybe equal. I'm not more intelligent than him though. I don't really know. Main thing is we are very intellectually compatible methinks. :love:
    it always seems best when your partner is intellectually equal to you (or close to you) so you do not feel like you are talking down, being spoken down to.

ReputationRep:
    yea thats true. but i never speak down to my bf. i thinkk he's crap

ReputationRep:
    No. Rushda is more intelligent than I am. But the gap's not too wide. Different types of complementary intelligence - that's how I'd like to see it.

ReputationRep:
    i thinkk he's crap
    What a fine catch you must have been for him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    if he wants to think he's stupid, i think he is too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    What a fine catch you must have been for him. :rolleyes:
    What a fine catch you are Adam hehehe

ReputationRep:
    I had exactly the same experience. We both ended up applying to oxford, him for ppe, me for history. We also had to go to head to head in various management competitions through school. Neways, he was unsuccessful at both oxford and the competetions but i was luckier. The result was that he ended us seeing each other because he "just couldn't really accept that way things had turned out. i feel i can never live up to what you've achieved"

although to be fair i cant really stand to date really intelligent guys, a bit like him, they go just to deep in conversations

ReputationRep:
    oy shurrup you!

we are at uni doing law together and he says his chinese culture means he's attracted to weak dumb women
    That's ********

(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    They're the same person?? :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    on the other hand......dumb ass...is repulsive

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t91560.html

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.