This discussion is closed.
Davido
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]> A level science subjects have moved towards applying rather than regurgitating knowledge over the[/q1]
[q1]> past 12 or so years.[/q1]
Well there's still plenty of regurgitation used for the chunky essay questions.

[q1]> bad GCSEs equal bad A levels but some excel at a later stage whereas others may get a string of A*[/q1]
[q1]> at GCSE yet completely screw up at A level. I have seen it happen several times.[/q1]
I've seen this - people with A*s and As at GCSE getting Cs and Ds in their A Levels. Not surprised -
GCSEs these days, even with A*s, are not so demanding for the top people, and then there's such a
shock with the change in difficulty, particularly for e.g. Maths. Also under the old system for many
it was dossing around for the first year and the second till Easter, few would have the motivation
to work hard throughout the whole year..? I think this problem may not be so big under the new
system as people have already had the shock at AS and now know what they need to do...

<snip
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
maths is **** and gay and my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
maths is gay maths is gay maths is gay its **** its crap suck my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I ****ing hate maths
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads