The Student Room Group
references? I use the harvard method but I sort of customised it myself so one of my tutors is trying to uncondition me but yeah you basically said it yourself for books in my bibliography, I put the title, author, date published and who by, ISBN Number and page numbers, for websites I put the address and date accessed
My tutor told me if I'm doing a book, say the Author is Richard Gross, I would put in brackets (Richard Gross 2005-details provided in bibliography) then in my bibliography I would put all the above information for websites I just put (WWW: website.com) I use to link in my bibliography though like if it was www.msn.com my reference would be (MSN 2005-website address provided in bibliography) then under that link I would put The reference referring to MSN 2005 was taken from the following website which was accessed on the 17th February 2005:
http://www.msn.com I don't think your suppose to do it that way though
If you want I'll find a pdf file for you with the proper harvard method in and how to use it because I customised mine
Reply 5
This is the way is says to do it in my student handbook:

Name of author/s, title of book (underlined or italics), edition (if not the first), place of publication, name of publisher, year of publication, pages numbers if you're quoting something

:smile:
I think that method is the most common one used in universities although it may differ from each one
Reply 7
do i not need to have footnotes all the way through then? just brackets with the refs in? sorry I'm really confused!
Reply 8
rachplatt
When you are writing an essay and have to include footnotes, what information did you need to include in the footnote? Just title? or author? publication year? page number? etc etc. Can anybody help?

I thougth the title, author, publication year, page number, and stuff like that are in the bibliography section?
rachplatt
When you are writing an essay and have to include footnotes, what information did you need to include in the footnote? Just title? or author? publication year? page number? etc etc. Can anybody help?

I just noticed your username, a girl in my year at school had the exact same name but its not you
rachplatt
do i not need to have footnotes all the way through then? just brackets with the refs in? sorry I'm really confused!

whenever you use information that aint your own
Reply 11
where is your school?
rachplatt
where is your school?

St. Helens
Reply 13
rachplatt

The harvard system just uses brackets. I was told by my history teacher last year to use footnotes or endnotes, but at uni tutors seem much keener on the harvard system.
Reply 14
Not far from me...but I never went to school there!

Latest

Trending

Trending