Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4276235.stm

ReputationRep:
    a starting salary of $52k? cool!

ReputationRep:
    I was panicking then, then I realised its nowhere near 2023 Thats scary statistics though :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I'm not going to be in the graduatng class in 2023. :p:

ReputationRep:
    don't be too happy cos ur kids will have to pay higher tuition fees and may be in the graduating class of 2023.

(Original post by trev)
    I'm glad I'm not going to be in the graduatng class in 2023. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think about that, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well it could still be a possibility that he has a five year old child right now. I didn't want to be rude and ask him ya know? lol

(Original post by PQ)
    Only if they're 3 years old already or exceptionally bright :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Only if they're 3 years old already or exceptionally bright :p:
    Wont the situation just get worse though?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... i don't think it's as bad as it sounds, just look at the price they expect a pint and cinema tickets to be... i think it shows more about the level of inflation

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Isn't graduating with £45k debt but earning £52k in a similar ratio to graduating with ~£15k debt but earning £22k?

ReputationRep:
    These statistics are meaningless - they're simply the same figures as nowadays increased to allow for inflation etc.

It's exactly the same as someone graduating now with £16k debt and earning £21k which will be about the going rate especially when top-up fees are introduced.

ReputationRep:
    Yep you're right it means nothing, its a classic example of media manipulation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Yep you're right it means nothing, its a classic example of media manipulation.

but it makes a good scare story :rolleyes:

and it means that my 3-year-old i keep in the cupboard shall not go to uni! (it likes the cupboard, it's a kitchen one with knifes and things to play with)

*realises she's finally cracked up form sleep deprivation becasue of my EVIL flatmates*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

but it makes a good scare story :rolleyes:

and it means that my 3-year-old i keep in the cupboard shall not go to uni! (it likes the cupboard, it's a kitchen one with knifes and things to play with)

*realises she's finally cracked up form sleep deprivation becasue of my EVIL flatmates*

lou xxx

But when you're earning £256,543 a year and houses cost £5 million for a 3 bed terrace, £48,000 seems like a bargain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    But when you're earning £256,543 a year and houses cost £5 million for a 3 bed terrace, £48,000 seems like a bargain
    mleh, i know. but my child likes the cupboard!

lou xxx

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.