Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    the wristband i have measureas as 60mm diameter and 100mm long.
    be quiet now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    What's the self harm awareness one look like?
    There are a range of glass bead bracelets, mine is all orange

(Original post by Daveo)
    I was sickened in Manchester today to see numerous people selling wristbands such as the anti-bullying and livestrong ones.
    I wear an anti-bullying wristband, a make poverty history wristband, a livestrong wristband and a self harm awareness bracelet, all for a reason, not for fashion!
    I just refuse to wear anything like them. Because if we all wore symbols of everything we believed in, it would all get very troublesome.

I notice you don't wear a poppy... does that mean you disrespect war victims?

I notice you don't wear a pink ribbon, does that mean you don't care about cancer?

I see you don't wear a small bear badge, does that mean you prefer children being in poverty?

And so on. Nobody needs an outward symbol to prove their inward beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I just refuse to wear anything like them. Because if we all wore symbols of everything we believed in, it would all get very troublesome.

I notice you don't wear a pink ribbon, does that mean you don't care about cancer?

I see you don't wear a small bear badge, does that mean you prefer children being in poverty?

True, but there are things I believe in more than others, and I wish to support those causes more than others, as I can't afford to support everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    be quiet now.
    whats your problem?

ReputationRep:
    You could have mine its a youth(skinny wrists) they are sooooooo last season. Er...its not like they were a fashion statement or anything.
    can i have ur band? ive wanted on for so long, i ordered one n the damn thing never came! trampy postmen!! I would be the happiest person ever

ReputationRep:
    My wrists are very skinny and the kid's size is too big.Haha!I have a Make Poverty History one too and that falls off*rolls eyes*...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to get an Anti Racism football one.

Yes, it's for fashion. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyglitter)
    My wrists are very skinny and the kid's size is too big.Haha!I have a Make Poverty History one too and that falls off*rolls eyes*...
    Try getting the tie-on ones. I was going to order one of those, because my wrists are ridiculously skinny. I settled for the clip up one..hasn't fallen off toooo much.

ReputationRep:
    Right I got a Motherwell one today. Wearing it now but when you go for a shower at night do you take it off?

ReputationRep:
    be quiet now.
    who do you think you are lol
    someone important?

it was in reply to the question

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people at school wear them, even teachers. Oh, tres chic.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i wear the anti-racism one coz ive been a victim of it ... not a fashion statement --> purely to support the cause ...

im also getting the make poverty history band

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for people showing their alligence (sp?) to a good cause but surely wearing an anti-bullying band might (mistakenly) make bullies think you're a soft touch and ripe to be bullied? Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)

Extremely well said

Lou
    xxx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.