The Student Room Group

Internal bruising

Yesterday I carried a big old fashioned monitor from (for Manchester students) Upper Brook St to Oxford Road, then got on a bus to my house. Then carried it another 250 yards from the bus to my house.

Probably was about 500 yards all together. Today I woke up my shuolders really ached, this is getting woese, but now my stomach feels like I have been beaten up.

Everywhere is really sore but there is no physical signs of any bruising, Will this pain go soon?

I am really worried about my hernia returning but I can't find any lumps anywhere so I think luckily that won't be a problem. It kind of feels like food poisining without feeling sick or needing the toilet.
Reply 1
hmm..maybe go to the doctor just in case? it cant have been good carrying something so big and heavy especially if uv had a hernia before.
if its not gone by tomorrow def go and check it out!
Reply 2
mangomaz
hmm..maybe go to the doctor just in case? it cant have been good carrying something so big and heavy especially if uv had a hernia before.
if its not gone by tomorrow def go and check it out!

:frown:

Surely builders have to carry heavy stuff all the time though? I don't know why I am so battered just for carrying a monitor down a few streets.

I do feel a bit sick now, but I think this is down to poor sleep and my general life style at the moment.

I can't get to the doctor until Thursday now as I really cannot afford to miss a single second of university atm.
Reply 3
Because you're not used to it, and were probably not carrying it properly. I doubt you're internally haemorrhaging, you've probably just messed up muscles you didn't know you had. Do some stretching and if it doesn't get better by next week see a doctor, but I really doubt it's serious.
Reply 4
but builders are probably used to it, maybe your body isnt? thursdays really far away dude!
well make sure u get lots of sleep, maybe invest in a hot water bottle... dont really no wat else to say!
Reply 5
lessthanthree
what are you eating? and what did you eat that day?
Do you regularly exercise?
What's your sleep cycle like?

Feeling any better?

I am feeling better now thanks, I ate saussage roll, fish and chips for tea, in fact the only two healthy things I have eaten today is banana and some bread.

My sleep cycle is literly somthing like this:

Sunday night - Go to bed at 1:30 up, 9:00
Monday - Bed at 2:00, up 10:30
Tuersday bed at 2:00 up 9:00
Weds - bed at 2:00 up at 11:30
Thursday - Bed at 3:30 up at 11:00
etc etc

It dosn't have any pattern to it all
Reply 6
AT82
I am feeling better now thanks, I ate saussage roll, fish and chips for tea, in fact the only two healthy things I have eaten today is banana and some bread.

My sleep cycle is literly somthing like this:

Sunday night - Go to bed at 1:30 up, 9:00
Monday - Bed at 2:00, up 10:30
Tuersday bed at 2:00 up 9:00
Weds - bed at 2:00 up at 11:30
Thursday - Bed at 3:30 up at 11:00
etc etc

It dosn't have any pattern to it all

wow, you get plenty of sleep!

Mine is:
Mon, Wed, Fri sleep at 2, wake at 7
Tues, Thurs, Sat sleep at 2-3 wake at 8
Sun, sleep at 2-4 wake at 10, if I get to bed early (2) I can get almost 7 and a half hours sleep. Bliss.

To think I normally sleep 10-12 hours a night at home. :frown:

A.
Reply 7
Alaric
wow, you get plenty of sleep!

Mine is:
Mon, Wed, Fri sleep at 2, wake at 7
Tues, Thurs, Sat sleep at 2-3 wake at 8
Sun, sleep at 2-4 wake at 10, if I get to bed early (2) I can get almost 7 and a half hours sleep. Bliss.

To think I normally sleep 10-12 hours a night at home. :frown:

A.

Its decieving though becuase quite often I am lying in bed till 3:00 and have to be up at 7:00, I end up worrying about the fact I haven't go to sleep.

As for my sleeping pattern I will be working soon hopefully so I will have a proper sleeping pattern then. Computer software developers have a habbit of staying up late though, its apart of the geek culture.

Its great when going clubbing at 3:00am and you're still perfectly awake, without the aid of any ilegal drugs.
Reply 8
i always get achy like that after gigs, i feel like i've actually been beaten up with no bruising at all... usually just a sign of a good night in my case!

lou xxx
Reply 9
You have prob just stretched some muscles.

Latest

Trending

Trending