The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No matter what, don't go to Wolverhampton. I've heard it's a TERRIBLE uni!!
Reply 2
dmu is way better!! dont go to wolves!!!
Reply 3
there both terrible !! but it is pharmacy so any will do
Reply 4
DMU isn't as bad many people think it is, I know pharmacist who studied there and I have to say he's probably one of the best I've ever work with.
Reply 5
I went to visit DMU and personally i'd hate to live there for four whole years. But i'd still rather go there than Wolverhampton as the lecturers are nice and really easy to talk to.
Reply 6
DMU really isn't that bad. Done 3 years, got one more to go and seriously, I'll repeat it again and again - it's not as bad as everyone says it is.
Wolves isnt accredited yet, i think DMU is so i'd say DMU not wolves
Reply 8
are you likely to get a job after a pharmacy degree at dmu then??
Reply 9
asian_doll
are you likely to get a job after a pharmacy degree at dmu then??

Why not? Pre-registration year should have be sorted out at the begining of yr4. That would depends on your previous experience and how well you answer the interview question.

For job prospective after pre-reg, tbh after you got your RPSGB license, everybody is the same as you all meet the national standard.
Reply 10
sena168
Why not? Pre-registration year should have be sorted out at the begining of yr4. That would depends on your previous experience and how well you answer the interview question.

For job prospective after pre-reg, tbh after you got your RPSGB license, everybody is the same as you all meet the national standard.

is it really hard to get a place on pre-reg though? ive heard its pretty competitive
Reply 11
asian_doll
is it really hard to get a place on pre-reg though? ive heard its pretty competitive

Hmm, I think it's getting harder than what it use to be. Reason being is there are couples of new school of pharmacy operating in recent years but is there enough vacancy for pre-reg remains the question. (we are talking about roughly around 100 graduates /uni/yr)

I know for community, the big firms like Lloyds, boots....etc do reserve some places for those who did their placement.
So if you want to secure a pre-reg post, I would advice you to do their placement during uni summer hols and make sure you shine yourself in the interview

I remember when I went to lloyds interview (for the east midland areas). They have like around 5-8 places (after they filled the region to those who did their placement) for 30 interviewee to compete.

Latest

Trending

Trending