Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :hello: I'm preparing to study in Uk for postgraduated. I want to know which universities here have such subjects as Maths Biology,hope you could help me. I'm a chinese :girl: ,now a junior sophister major in Applicaion of Maths.thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crane)
    :hello: I'm preparing to study in Uk for postgraduated. I want to know which universities here have such subjects as Maths Biology,hope you could help me. I'm a chinese :girl: ,now a junior sophister major in Applicaion of Maths.thank you.
    try UCL - they do that sort of stuff...i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crane)
    Warwick's Maths dep does alot of research on this so you can apply there for MSc/PhD there.They have a very good Maths department!
    i'm not sure about Oxford/Cambridge. You could search their Maths department website and see if they do any research on Biology.
    I know UCL offers this course for undergraduate study but again i'm not sure about postgraduate.
    I think you will fined that you have to apply to MSc Mathematics/Statistics and select courses suitable to your interest, if they offer it.

ReputationRep:
    In case you haven't seen it, http://www.prospects.ac.uk/ can be useful for this sort of search.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what sort of Mathematical Biology but many of the leading mathematical biology groups in the UK are partners of the Integrative Biology project (http://www.integrativebiology.ac.uk/index.html).

ReputationRep:
    Leeds.

I did a third year undergraduate module on the subject, covering tumour growth and other things I don't remember (I scored 19% in that module, so proud!!)

One of my friends is now doing a phd in mathematical biology. Its one of the big areas of research in the department and the book Mathematical Equations in Mathematical Biology was co-written by one of the lectures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Leeds.
    Hence why they are part of IB ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Hence why they are part of IB ...
    So didn't look at that site until after I'd posted, I just knew they did the phd from experience!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    So didn't look at that site until after I'd posted, I just knew they did the phd from experience!!
    Mind you, Leeds are tiny compared to Nottingham's Math Biol Dept!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford has a centre for mathematical biology run by Prof Maini, with a separate building from the Maths dept and there's also a Mathematical Genetics group as well (separate from statistics) and run by Prof Donelly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    Oxford has a centre for mathematical biology run by Prof Maini, with a separate building from the Maths dept and there's also a Mathematical Genetics group as well (separate from statistics) and run by Prof Donelly.
    Lovely.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 20, 2005

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.