The Student Room Group

History offer problems..

Just a quick question: is anyone out there having problems actually getting offers for history (even though have 3A prediction) or is it just me?Also, has anyone had a history offer from edinburgh or st.andrews? Im still waiting and am rather anxious! any advice appreciated,
many thanks.

(Rejected:camb,durham,warwick. Offer: York AAB)
Reply 1
medea
Just a quick question: is anyone out there having problems actually getting offers for history (even though have 3A prediction) or is it just me?Also, has anyone had a history offer from edinburgh or st.andrews? Im still waiting and am rather anxious! any advice appreciated,
many thanks.

Awh sorry to hear about the rejections. But, you got a York offer - yay! Go there..it rocks *looks around for Rach to back her up*
I got rejected from Durham with 3A predicted..so did exmoorkatie. Katie said something about Durham wanting 5a* for gcse, which I didn't have. Oh well.
Good luck waiting to hear from edinburgh and st.andrews. And remember no news is good news :smile:
Reply 2
Don't worry I'm here...yay York! woohoo! I'm still waiting on Durham, but my boyfriend got rejected almost straight away and he is predicted AAA. When i went to the open day they basically told me there was no point in applying unless u had a strong GCSE basis, but what constitutes one of those is anybody's guess. We are both still waiting to hear from Edinburgh, I don't know anybody that has had an offer from there for Arts subjects. I don't know anybody who has applied to St Andrews so I can't help there! Good luck with the rest of your offers, but come to York! Sian and I will be there!!
medea
many thanks.

Hey - My friend is still waiting to hear from Edinburgh so don't worry, it shows they haven't sent all their offers out yet. &, like Doolally said, no news is good news! To add weight to that - I didn't hear back from York until about a week/week and a half ago, and I sent my application form off in October! It shows that just because you are still waiting it doesn't mean that when you eventually hear it will be bad news. The fact that you haven't heard back yet means they are considering your application. So good luck with the rest of your choices, let us know how you get on! :smile:
medea
many thanks.

YUP! dont worry! My stats : 5A*s at GCSE (all arty subjects) 4A's (all sciency subjects) and a GNVQ in ICT. 4 A's at ASlevel and one B in french :rolleyes: predicted 4 A's

i got rejected from Warwick (for straight History but accepted for Hist and Soc) Oxford and Durham. Offers from Notts and Newcastle.

i didnt expect to only get 3 offers.... but hey thats what happened and me thinks i shall be off to Nottingham this Sept!
Reply 5
That's odd, St. Andrew's and Edinburgh were the first offers I received. Maybe they let international applicants know earlier?

I'm still waiting for UCL, Warwick, and hoping for Durham...
lol ok so i dont know what i got in my GCSE's! lol i actually just only got 4A*s not 5 like i said :P and i got 5A's not 4.... lol and i wonder why unis didnt accept me! spot the fooL!
Reply 7
JOY!! just got an AAB offer from at andys!WHAT a RELIEF! (after 6 months of worrying!) and i had planned my gapyear and everything...ah well! good luck to all you out there who are having a bad experience with ucas.
cheers for all the advice,
medea
medea
JOY!! just got an AAB offer from at andys!WHAT a RELIEF! (after 6 months of worrying!) and i had planned my gapyear and everything...ah well! good luck to all you out there who are having a bad experience with ucas.
cheers for all the advice,
medea

That's great, well done! :biggrin:
Reply 9
I got accepted st andrews still waiting for edinburgh
Reply 10
Yes- Durham and Warwick seem to be very tough on GCSEs- I got rejected from them both with 4A*s and 5As and 4 As at A-level and they kept me waiting until late March last time, lol.

Don't forget that history is one of the most competitive courses you can apply for- it is more competitive than Law and Medicine at some universities, so getting all your offers is pretty difficult.
Reply 11
I dont know abut durham but I wouldnt worry about Warwick
I only got 1a*. 6 a and 3 b GCSE and 3A's a level and 2 c's as and I got accepted!
This is probably mediocre given the standards in this forum
So dont worry guys!

Latest

Trending

Trending