Turn on thread page Beta

does ne1 know wen the top up fees will come into practice?

ReputationRep:
    Probably 2006 (when I start ) If Labour don't drop the policy before-hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Probably 2006 (when I start ) If Labour don't drop the policy before-hand.
    ha unlucky. im sure someone like you wouldnt have any trouble paying it off though.

*Ponders why Edders has not advertised conservative stance on issue* :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    *Ponders why Edders has not advertised conservative stance on issue* :confused:
    lol ok leekey, conservative stance is not to introduce topup fees, and furthermore to abolish tuition fees

ReputationRep:
    Yes the schedule of the White Paper calls for policy implementation ready for the academic year beginning Sep 2006. However, it is looking likely that the Commons vote will be extremely narrow because lots of Labour members have said they will not vote for it.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol ok leekey, conservative stance is not to introduce topup fees, and furthermore to abolish tuition fees
    And reduce the number of places, thus restricting access to higher education.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x

ReputationRep:
    And cut taxes, and increase teachers pay, and sort out the pension crisis and invest more in the NHS and give money to people who want private health care and education.

Therefore Tory policy =

Take in less money
    Spend more money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    And reduce the number of places, thus restricting access to higher education.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x
    Which may not be a bad thing...

ReputationRep:
    Would top up fees affect those who had already started? I would be due to start in 2005, so would it be likely that many people my age reject deferred entry so as to avoid said fees?

ReputationRep:
    And cut taxes, and increase teachers pay, and sort out the pension crisis and invest more in the NHS and give money to people who want private health care and education.

Therefore Tory policy =

Take in less money
    Spend more money.
    Lol yup

trying to be all things to all ppl

if only politicians would admit that the only way to improve public services is to invest, and investment requires tax rises.

x-x-x-x-x-x-xx-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Would top up fees affect those who had already started? I would be due to start in 2005, so would it be likely that many people my age reject deferred entry so as to avoid said fees?
    no it would not affect you - you would come under the current upfront fees and loans system

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    no it would not affect you - you would come under the current upfront fees and loans system

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    I guess I won't be taking a gap year then.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I guess I won't be taking a gap year then.

Thanks.
    No you should be able to take a gap year and it not affect you. When fees were initially introduced in 1997 the government tried to charge gap year students but they were challenged and eventually some legal reason was found why they couldn't do it. But I'm not sure, and they might cover their backs next time.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    In 2006 could I just pretend I was a gap year student to avoid fees

ReputationRep:

Therefore Tory policy =

Take in less money
    Spend more money.
    you can invest more in the NHS without higher taxes. its called private investment.

Yes, also its called being efficient.

ReputationRep:
    why did you delete that post jools? it seemed good to me.

why did you delete that post jools? it seemed good to me.
    I actually agreed with everything he said in it!!! I think that it's important that we don't just concentrate on academic qualifications. If you look at places like Germany, they have *very* high quality vocational training and it can lead to work that is extremely well paid and very respected. I think we should remember that vocational does NOT mean remenial!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I actually agreed with everything he said in it!!! I think that it's important that we don't just concentrate on academic qualifications. If you look at places like Germany, they have *very* high quality vocational training and it can lead to work that is extremely well paid and very respected. I think we should remember that vocational does NOT mean remenial!!!
    Leekey for education secretary!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.