This discussion is closed.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I would have said that entry has increased in very recent years I know someone who did med in Birmingham in 97 and I think they said that their A Level results were ACC and they took a year out after A Levels and did another A Level at college for which they got an A but they deferred entry from their original application so they were accepted on ACC
instincts
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
My GP claims entry requirements have come down. I don't know what she got for her A-levels, but my Mum's friend (anesthetist - around 50 years old) got AAA in the three sciences.
I do not think they have gone down from past years. Universities had less competion for medicine and consequently would have offered lower to attract students for more doctors. So i dont understand where your GP got the idea of them going down. However he/she knows probably more than me so i wouldnt argue.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (4)
9.76%
Virtual campus tours/open days (8)
19.51%
Live streaming events (3)
7.32%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (4)
9.76%
A uni comparison tool (11)
26.83%
An in-person event when available (11)
26.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise