This discussion is closed.
SinghFello
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm, there seems to be an awful lot of people who consider them selves to be gifted.
I would be very surprised if any of you were actually truly gifted, but I can believe the majority of people here are bright (being a academic forum and all).

Compared to the candidates in the universities I’ve got offers for, I would say I am in the bottom 20%.
I have got the ability to do nearly anything, but I have a very poor work ethic. I get bored with things quickly, and I lose motivation easily.
NikolaiJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to breeze through everything, since the introduction of alcohol I have to work for things. gutting
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't work hard but I do get good grades.
Bilal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Studying is soooo boring. Can't be assed with it at all.
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmmmmm my iq was jus near the average, i think 100 or so. so i dont think am a genius or gifted with mad intelligence, but i do work hard. i definately gota work hard this year to meet my AAB imperial offer.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm just lazy, probably not "gifted"...who knows
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Unfortunately I have to work very hard.
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my grades are not brilliand (but they are not bad neither).. but I don't care that much and if I have to work hard? well I can not say that I am gifted (=don't learn at all and get straight A's) but on the other hand I don't need to work that hard to get good grades
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think I have ever worked really hard. I read a quite a lot and that's good for English but it's not really work so I've never felt over-worked. VIth form was a laugh.
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont work tht hard... a level year, mayb hav one hwk nite a week and mess around alot in class
Belle Noire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I could care less at this point. I just want to graduate. (And that has been my attitude since freshman year.)
TKR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
depends what u mean by gifted, i coasted thru gcses and as levels with good results (5As at AS incl gen stud) and still mess about quite a lot but i will probably have to do some work if i want to get 3 As this year, maybe less than most people. Then again, i dont really think that getting 3As at Alevel is any kind of achievement at all these days.
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
neither gifted or hard working...I'm just very lucky and manipulative.

I hardly do any work yet I get away with it.... I make people think i'm smart by using long words but its all a facade
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
shabingo! Have you ever noticed how the gifted are always so much more hot?
Unless my mirror deceives me; no, not at all.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I'm gifted in a few things; I'm registered gifted and talented too.

I have to work hard though, I don't like coasting.

I personally consider myself to be as intelligent as a piece of cheese, considering my A level courses.
Ah - but exactly how old is this piece of cheese? Or, to paraphrase: has it achieved sentience?

I don't work; but then, two of my A-Levels comprise English Literature, and Politics, so I can afford not to. History, on the other hand, is a consummate b*tch of a subject; one in which there are no short-cuts, and even the most sublime eloquence will pull you only as far as an 'A' in the source module - albeit, no-where else. Attempting reconciliation with the all-too sudden transition from being an 'A*' GCSE candidate with uniformly perfect marks, to a middle/high 'B' AS student, is debilitating. But then, some would say I brought it upon myself; and, given the circumstances, I'd be inclined to agree.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Hahaha, probably true
Belle Noire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ClosetGinger)
neither gifted or hard working...I'm just very lucky and manipulative.

I hardly do any work yet I get away with it.... I make people think i'm smart by using long words but its all a facade
You will go far in life. And I'm not being sarcastic.
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Belle Noire)
You will go far in life. And I'm not being sarcastic.
I hope so!
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
why are you using a mirror? woudn't a thermometer be more accurate
iRock
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No matter how gifted you are, you'll never reach your full potential if you don't work hard. :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads