This discussion is closed.
Toffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by king of swords)
It IS related to genetics: boys (XY) can only get their intelligence from their mothers, girls (XX) can get it from both their parents. Intelligence is on X chromosomes.
Lol. Thats the biggest load of crap ive ever seen.
king of swords
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Toffee)
Lol. Thats the biggest load of crap ive ever seen.
Well that's what I've heard, if you don't believe it, it's not exactly going to affect decisions in your life lol.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well that's what I've heard, if you don't believe it, it's not exactly going to affect decisions in your life lol.
Lol. The point is that it isn't true.
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Stop being ruuuuuuuude, you should keep your opinion and he should keep his. Fair and square.
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If you don't believe it then fine, I won't hold it against you , but I choose to .
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ok. I apologise for being rude.

The thing is that we are talking about facts here. There are no opinions involved. It is a fact and not an opinion, therefore it would be wrong to leave king of swords to their opinion.
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

The thing is that we are talking about facts here. There are no opinions involved. It is a fact and not an opinion, therefore it would be wrong to leave king of swords to their opinion.
I never said it WAS an opinion, but unfortunately I don't know where I heard it from so I guess to you it will be an opinion and a fact to me lol. I'm not replying anymore now lol.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Well then, to be fair there are no facts here. I see no backup evidence for anything anyone says. How do you I know who's got the facts right? You or king of swords? Exactly. In these circumstances there is no way of telling. So in the light of these circumstances it's opinion which counts until I can see more credible means of knowing who is right.

Nevermind! At least you apologised
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Well then, to be fair there are no facts here. I see no backup evidence for anything anyone says. How do you I know who's got the facts right? You or king of swords? Exactly. In these circumstances there is no way of telling. So in the light of these circumstances it's opinion which counts until I can see more credible means of knowing who is right.

Nevermind! At least you apologised
I vow to research this.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I vow to research this.
And whatever the outcome, both of you be humble and respect each other's mistake or victory. It was interesting debate anyway!
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
And whatever the outcome, both of you be humble and respect each other's mistake or victory. It was interesting debate anyway!
I shall respect his mistake, don't worry.
not1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It IS related to genetics: boys (XY) can only get their intelligence from their mothers, girls (XX) can get it from both their parents. Intelligence is on X chromosomes.
eh? surely if boys are XY that means theyre getting stuff from both their mother and father, and if girls are XX theyre only getting stuff from their mother? or am i missing something here?
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
eh? surely if boys are XY that means theyre getting stuff from both their mother and father, and if girls are XX theyre only getting stuff from their mother? or am i missing something here?
He claims that intelligence is on the X chromosome. Which (watch closely adsur)...I believe is not the truth.
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
No, for a boy you can only get the X chromosome from your mother (XX), your father is the only parent who has a Y chromosome to produce a boy.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its a combination of many.

http://www.anatomy.usyd.edu.au/danny...1996/0675.html
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Supporting feminism and all I'd be inclined to say Mums but in my personal experience it's been my Dad who has motivated me to do well. I don't really think theirs any difference.. its done to the type of Parents you have..
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its a combination of many.

http://www.anatomy.usyd.edu.au/danny...1996/0675.html
http://www.igs.net/~cmorris/turner.html how about this? This was in 1996, it has been proven in the news 18-24 months ago but i can't find that anywhere yet. In fact, that webpage itself was last revised in 2000.
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
My mum is clever, but my dad is cleverer.
Dad IQ 160 [3 degrees], Mum IQ 141 [didn't go to uni]
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
Dad IQ 160 [3 degrees], Mum IQ 141 [didn't go to uni]
your dad's in the 3 degrees! wow.
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
your dad's in the 3 degrees! wow.
Not that big a deal is it? He's a doctor. Isn't it something like BA/BSc (3yr) + MA/MSc (1-2yr) + MPhil/DPhil/PhD (3yr).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (485)
51.82%
No (451)
48.18%

Watched Threads