Which Are Your Favorite Mathematics Units? Watch

This discussion is closed.
yazan_l
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
it seems that most of the people like pure!!! is it coz u liked it the most or coz u didnt take mechanics or stat. or decision?
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yazan_l)
it seems that most of the people like pure!!! is it coz u liked it the most or coz u didnt take mechanics or stat. or decision?
I've done P1-P6, M1-M3, D1-D2 and S1 (though haven't taken P2-P6, D2 exams yet) and still found P6 to be the most interesting.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gaz031)
I've done P1-P6, M1-M3, D1-D2 and S1 (though haven't taken P2-P6, D2 exams yet) and still found P6 to be the most interesting.
i've done (AQA) Me, P1-5, M1-2, S1-2, D1. so far p4 and 5 are by far the most interesting... i have yet to do P6, S3, D2, and i expect P6 to be the most interesting of that bunch...
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yazan_l)
I've done P1-6, M1-5, S1-5, D1, and NM and still prefer Pure .... so no, I just prefer Pure.
BCHL85
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
I've done P1-6, M1-5, S1-5, D1, and NM and still prefer Pure .... so no, I just prefer Pure.
Wow, you do triple Maths. So admirable . But I wonder why you can study S1-5, it's so boring . Don't know how hard M5 is, but one of my friend, he got 100% for M4 and 90% for M5. But he couldn't stand stats, even just S2 which I found easier than S1. lol.
I myself like P5, P6 and M3, M4. It's much more interesting than Mechanics in Physics. .
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BCHL85)
Wow, you do triple Maths. So admirable . But I wonder why you can study S1-5, it's so boring . Don't know how hard M5 is, but one of my friend, he got 100% for M4 and 90% for M5. But he couldn't stand stats, even just S2 which I found easier than S1. lol.
I myself like P5, P6 and M3, M4. It's much more interesting than Mechanics in Physics. .
it really does depend on the exam board, because although there is some lapover, alot of the topics, particularly on the higher modules are quite different. I founds stats pretty boring at first, but S5 is getting far more interesting. Your friend must've been pretty smart - M5 is hard!! I've never done physics A-level <luckily> but Mechs sure seems more interesting than Physics!
BCHL85
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
it really does depend on the exam board, because although there is some lapover, alot of the topics, particularly on the higher modules are quite different. I founds stats pretty boring at first, but S5 is getting far more interesting. Your friend must've been pretty smart - M5 is hard!! I've never done physics A-level <luckily> but Mechs sure seems more interesting than Physics!
Haha, maybe he's good at mechanics, but his stats was so bad, he just took S1 ... and got only about 80% although he said he was lucky cuz he met a similar question as he revised .
I do Physics and find Mech in Physics seem to be the most boring module (hhaha, except Solid Material).
Jedi Ezekiel
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Pure maths all the way, i hate statistics and mechanics just bores me, discrete maths was also boring :P
joesharp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anything but Mechanics, but Stats is probably my favourite.
Font
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
pure all the way...stats totally sucks, and mechanics is ok, but is sort of crap, in terms of the maths involved...i just like solving stuff...hate reading the info on mechanics questions and forming the mathematical models and stuff!

PK
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads