totally legitimate post about mods

Watch
This discussion is closed.
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I think its totally legitimate to post about mods. If we don't then simply d won't know how we feel. Not sure why you felt the need to close the last one.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
I think its totally legitimate to post about mods. If we don't then simply d won't know how we feel. Not sure why you felt the need to close the last one.
hmmm... i generally think the mods do a good job, but i agree on this one. you'd think they'd be too busy deleting threads to bother with a highly relevant one.

lou xxx
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
Every other post seems to be regarding the mods. No other forum I know of is like this. Such an interest in the mods is not necessary. By all means post comments when there is something relevant to say, but constantly having threads 'we need more mods' is pointless. I'd say d would've got the message by now and would've done something if he deemed it necessary.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 17 years ago
Calling attention to mods can contribute to the spam attacks (like the one going on now!!! )

If you would like to voice your opinions then use the PM system to contact d!!!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
hmmm... i generally think the mods do a good job, but i agree on this one. you'd think they'd be too busy deleting threads to bother with a highly relevant one.

lou xxx
I don't see why people feel the need to spam boards with useless posts in the first place - what exactly was the point of posting all those threads about ickle katy that didn't even sy anything aout her?!!!
BABYGUY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i swear, that wasnt me. i have told the mods, and i was just wanna tell you guys that i have behaved for about 5 days now, and that spam attak was not by me (maskall). tis was by some other assshole, and he didnt even make it funny. it wasnt me guys.
"kidaaaaaaa...."
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
im totally with rich on this. stop complaining about the moderators, its not our fault there are pernicious users.
BABYGUY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
edders please could you read my messages i sent you.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I don't see why people feel the need to spam boards with useless posts in the first place - what exactly was the point of posting all those threads about ickle katy that didn't even sy anything aout her?!!!
Plain old-fashioned attention seeking. The truth is we can do pretty much nothing about it except for manual post deletion, post-by-post (the mass post delete function has not been made available to mods for some reason). Until we can block IPs we are stuck. What we really need is another forum admin, as d is obviously very busy and can not be expected to be around permanently. More moderators will not change the situation. It's a question of the tools available to us, not the number of us.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
Plain old-fashioned attention seeking. The truth is we can do pretty much nothing about it except for manual post deletion, post-by-post (the mass post delete function has not been made available to mods for some reason). Until we can block IPs we are stuck. What we really need is another forum admin, as d is obviously very busy and can not be expected to be around permanently. More moderators will not change the situation. It's a question of the tools available to us, not the number of us.
how come you can't block IPs? I thought you did with bloodhounds? I don't mean to sound moaning, but there must be some way that this kind of thing can be stopped (i was pretty impressed at how quickly you deleted all those threads). I know we've asked before if all unregs can b stopped, but I've never really understood why....

lou xxx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
Every other post seems to be regarding the mods. No other forum I know of is like this. Such an interest in the mods is not necessary. By all means post comments when there is something relevant to say, but constantly having threads 'we need more mods' is pointless. I'd say d would've got the message by now and would've done something if he deemed it necessary.
Let the users be the judge of whether extensive comments on the mods are necessary. Clearly you cant very well impartially assess your own performance. Why so defensive?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (556)
50.32%
No (549)
49.68%

Watched Threads