This discussion is closed.
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
They are a bit scary... they do weigh about 10 times what we weigh... I wouldnt want to be hit by one on full charge...
Cows are bareable but bulls are a completely different story. Its always unnerving when they have instructions on the gate telling you what to do
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
Cows are bareable but bulls are a completely different story. Its always unnerving when they have instructions on the gate telling you what to do
:eek:
~Morph~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
On my D of E, the other girls were scared of cows, and the boys were not too happy about trundling through a herd...so I had to go and move all the cows by myself and shepherd my D of E group through three massive herds of cows - one herd was actually running towards us and my friend went hysterical. heeh.
lol...yup Ive done that and we've had cows chase us 2!-its some kind of D.o.E thing..happens to many! often had to take alternative routes (if any) jus to ignore them...cows give the dirtiest looks too! Sheep are better on D.o.E at least they move when they see you..cows just dont budge!
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it depends entirely on breed. I can walk up to a highland bull and touch its nosering. Fresian bull? forget it.
your are either brave or insane. :eek: Personally Id rather keep them all at a distance whatever the breed!
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe. *shrug* I interact well and respect them. Most of them are sensible if you're sensible with them. (:
This brings me to a very serious point....

Do cows think. I mean if they have the sense to be sensible then they must be intelligent. I believe that there is a conspiracy theory somewhere :rolleyes: . Cows are trying to take over the world! But its being covered up. I mean... they look stupid.... but you cant look like that without being intelligent
~Morph~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they do if you swear a little and go "raar" and give them a little slap on the backside or carry a stick. It just depends on how much respect you have for them, how much trust you have in your cow handling abilities. I'm pretty good with cows, so I had no trouble shifting them.

Lol...I dont mind doing that stuff, it was just the other girls in my group they were petrified of them and afraid they'd get poop all over their boots-even if I offered to shift them!...I prefer the 'poking with a big stick' method. Swearing didnt work on them with me but running towards them with full charge making "raar" sounds or saying "mmm Im gonna have roast beef tonight" (or something along those lines) worked.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads