The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Pooled, with crap grades :smile:. Even when my eventualy rejection comes I'm happy because it means they think I'm good enough :awesome:.
I've got pooled from Jesus for Law.
I feel indifferent. I was prepared for extreme joy or disappointment.
Reply 22
Pooled from Pembroke for Arch & Anth.
Good luck to everyone who got pooled! I feel for you as I've been there. It really means you're good enough, there just isn't space!

:smile:
Reply 24
Pooled by King's for English
Reply 25
Jaysus
I've got pooled from Jesus for Law.
I feel indifferent. I was prepared for extreme joy or disappointment.

Im the same, law at jesus. Going to have to start reading my books again incase of another interview. Nightmare.
frederizia
I think you're the first Downing applicant on TSR to hear back from them. So I guess they didn't send the letters a day late/2nd class then. Too bad you got pooled but who knows, you might still get in. :smile:

:smile: Thanks and so it seems lol.
Reply 27
I got my letter to tell me I've been pooled after applying to Sidney Sussex , MML. Can't believe we have to wait again now to see if we get interviews and stuff!!!
I don't mind another interview, I have a new tie so I'm sure to get in.
Reply 29
Jaysus
I don't mind another interview, I have a new tie so I'm sure to get in.

lol

I've been pooled as well. I am not looking forward to the wait, or explaining the process to every friend/relative/teacher at school a gazillion times.
I've been pooled by Downing for Medicine.
Reply 31
Pooled after applying to Queens for Computer science :frown:
Really hope the next decision comes without an interview, but judging from my current luck I'll get called up for loads....
Reply 32
Well, if you guys are lucky you might already hear back from another college tomorrow and won't have to explain too much to others :smile:.
Reply 33
GoldieStocks
I've been pooled by Downing for Medicine.

Why are there no Downing offers? It seems like everyone's been pooled or rejected. Were they that oversubscribed? I wish I had chosen a different college, haha.
Anyway, good luck! :smile:
Reply 34
I wish I'd been pooled. I like living in perpetual hope!
Pooled from Christ's for SPS
turgon
lol

I've been pooled as well. I am not looking forward to the wait, or explaining the process to every friend/relative/teacher at school a gazillion times.

I know what you mean, I just tried to explain what pooling meant to this girl and she said this

Lolleeenn™ Whassup girl, yo look like :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:! says (10:16):
Ohhh.
Lolleeenn™ Whassup girl, yo look like :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:! says (10:16):
I'm confused.
i got pooled for girton for maths.

I'm not stoked on the waiting around. I guess it happens eh. life will still keep rolling along.

I'm not holding out many hopes, we'll just see what happens. On paper I've been told by teachers and everyone that I have a very strong application, and in my interviews i felt i conveyed by love of maths pretty well, so i can only assume my interview maths didnt quite hold up? I thought i did ok, not my best, but ok.

how can so much rely on the subject performance at interview :s-smilie:

anyways

everyone, just tell people cambridge havnt made up their mind. explaining pooling is a hassle haha.
Reply 38
Applied to Downing for Law, and got pooled. I'm pretty certain my AS grades didn't average 90% (though my history was like 99% so that could have dragged the others up...). I only found out after the interview that its one of the most competitive colleges for law! So yeah, wasn't feeling hopeful. It could be interesting to see if any other colleges show an interest...
Reply 39
Jaysus
I know what you mean, I just tried to explain what pooling meant to this girl and she said this

Ohhh.
I'm confused.

Hahaha. I tried to explain pooling to my friend, who's applying to the US, too, and she went-

x says:
wt WT IS THIS JARGON

Latest

Trending

Trending