The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
pooled too- emotionally confused?! :frown: :biggrin: i suppose it depends whether u r forward looking or not.
does anyone the success rate of pooled applicants, ie how many get offers or further interviews?
Reply 41
SouthernFreerider
i got pooled for girton for maths.

I'm not stoked on the waiting around. I guess it happens eh. life will still keep rolling along.

I'm not holding out many hopes, we'll just see what happens. On paper I've been told by teachers and everyone that I have a very strong application, and in my interviews i felt i conveyed by love of maths pretty well, so i can only assume my interview maths didnt quite hold up? I thought i did ok, not my best, but ok.

how can so much rely on the subject performance at interview :s-smilie:

anyways

everyone, just tell people cambridge havnt made up their mind. explaining pooling is a hassle haha.

Good lord why on earth did they pool you? :eek: I though you'd have been a shoe in. If they are having to pool people of your level what chance do I have of an offer? :p:

I'm gonna be explaining the pool to lots of people I can tell, but I refuse just to say that they haven't made up their minds yet because the pool is better than that :fuhrer:
Reply 42
Is anyone else in the position where they simply do not want another interview?
grademe
pooled too- emotionally confused?! :frown: :biggrin: i suppose it depends whether u r forward looking or not.
does anyone the success rate of pooled applicants, ie how many get offers or further interviews?

According to my letter, last year aapprox 1 in 4 of the pooled candidates were given an offer
Reply 44
grademe

30% last year
Reply 45
Pooled for economics at Trinity.

Does anyone else really not want to do another interview. If they offer me an interview and I reject it can I still be considered for a place?
Reply 46
illy123

Does anyone else really not want to do another interview. If they offer me an interview and I reject it can I still be considered for a place?

Yep, I don't want to go through it again. I just want an offer without interview or a rejection. I guess we will all know by the end of next week?
Reply 47
grademe

For those who didn't get the letter with winter pool stats (last year's pool):

- 3,174 applicants pooled
- 548 pooled applicants re-interviewed
- 794 pooled applicants made offers, of these:
+ 509 received a direct offer without an interview
+ 285 received offers following a pool interview
- 93 pooled applicants received offers from the college that pooled them.
Reply 48
illy123

If you reject it for no reason I don't think they'd be very pleased...
Reply 49
Yes - explaining pooling can get tiring.

Also, I have a question: can you get "fished" out of the pool by more than one college?
Reply 50
pooled from Christ for nat science...

i just cannot bear to hear my rejection after even more waiting (with a glimmer of false hope)... it's just cruel!:frown:
Reply 51
Swires

Also, I have a question: can you get "fished" out of the pool by more than one college?

Yup, you could get interviews from several colleges.
Pooled. From Girton :s-smilie:
Reply 53
Swires

I think so. Then they have to fight over you.

I don't know how it works, but it sounds quite cute =/ There's some "Neediest college #1, #2" system...didn't bother to read.
illy123

If they call you up for interview, they have reasons for doing so. One of those might be that your first interview performance wasn't that strong. So look at it as another chance to prove yourself.

By all accounts, pool interviews are much less daunting than the first round of interviews anyway- they already know a fair bit about you so they can target questions slightly better.
Swires

Yeah, someone I know was fished out by Girton and Caius and had to choose between them.
Reply 56
I've been pooled too, Natsci at Clare.

I must say, I don't feel THAT disappointed; I was expecting to be pooled or rejected after my interview. Now I just DREAD any more interviews. =/
Reply 57
pooled as well, natsci at Jesus.
Hope I don't have to go for another interview, I'd prefer to go to durham than to go through the whole interview thing again.
Academix
Yep, I don't want to go through it again. I just want an offer without interview or a rejection. I guess we will all know by the end of next week?

Yeah, I don't think I want to go for another interview. I don't think I did that badly at interview though, so I'm hoping I won't have to? :dontknow: :frown:

Hahaha edit cause that implies that I just think I'm going to get fished from the pool. I don't lol
I got pooled for SPS at Fitzwilliam. I'm surprised I wasn't rejected straight away, I have really poor GCSE results, and not that good AS. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing, haha

Latest

Trending

Trending