Accommodation at Kings - Some Opinions Watch

This discussion is closed.
ecossaise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lissy)
The other thing I've noticed about the people who live at Stamford Street is that they are always the ones that are late for lectures. It seems alot of people go back to their room in between lectures where as once I'm in at 9am Im in for the day. Having to do this has its benefits as you're far more likely to use the day contructively, ie going to the library, rather than sleeping continuously.
This is so, so true.
Lissy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dreama)
Are there kitchens at Nutford?
Yep...there is one on each floor. The food here is pretty good though (i think because its a small hall). I'm so tired after a 9 til 5 that its nice to be just be fed and not have to worry about cooking etc. I have plenty of time to live of pasta and potatos in my 2nd and 3rd year!
neona
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lissy)
I didn't even think about the internet before I came but I now realise I'm really lucky to get it included in the price. Most KCL halls don't seem to have it...although I think BCH does. Other than International Hall I dont think the Russel Sq intercolligiates have it. At Stamford St you can get it but there is an extra charge. Its really nice having the net in your room...especially when you start using Westlaw and doing research etc.
There's no extra charge for internet in Stamford Street! Atleast I don't pay anything extra...
Dreama
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Caer - A Stamford St'er!

How big is your room? Kitchen? Are the rooms at the front/back of SS better? What's the general tone of the place?

Thankyou thankyou... !

D xxxx
neona
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dreama)
Caer - A Stamford St'er!

How big is your room? Kitchen? Are the rooms at the front/back of SS better? What's the general tone of the place?

Thankyou thankyou... !

D xxxx
Hey!
I absolutely love my room, it seemed very small at first but now I'm very pleased with it =) Some of the rooms are a bit bigger than the others though, no one knows why. I think its like 1 room per flat that is bigger, as far as I've seen. There's plenty of storage space in the room, which means that I have a lot of crap everywhere!

My room is facing the street and it can get quite noisy at times - mostly because of the traffic. People with rooms facing the courtyard often complain about people coming back late from clubbing - shouting and hanging out in the courtyard. You get used to it though...

The kitchen is a bit small, not much cupboard space if you have a lot of stuff. But, on the other hand, we've had dinners in our kitchen with like 10-13 people so it is not THAT small

I'm really lucky to get along well with my flatmates, cause it really is true that you don't get to meet that many people from other flats. I wish that we had some sort of common room in the building, all we have is film screenings every Sunday in the lecture theatre. There are many things that I like about the place though, such as the vending machines (gotta have chocolate at 4 am sometimes!), the gym (ok, you have to pay extra for it), the brand new waterloo student centre, the fact that I have my own bathroom (although buying toilet paper is soo boring!) and so on...

But walking across Waterloo Bridge when it's windy is no fun at all...

Ah, I'm really gonna miss this place next year!
mxox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Has anybody got any pictures of the intercollegiate halls which are closest to the Strand campus?
sophieD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can I ask....and im not sure it hasn't been asked already...But, what are the odds of getting into Stamford Street? Basically, I really want to get in there, and if I don't, I don't think i could go to KCL.

Is it first come, first serve?
If so, I'm buggered, Ive only just heard from my 6th choice (they took long enough) and Ive still got an open day @ Bristol to go to before i finally make my decision.
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
All Intercollegiate halls have free internet access.
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sophieD)
Can I ask....and im not sure it hasn't been asked already...But, what are the odds of getting into Stamford Street? Basically, I really want to get in there, and if I don't, I don't think i could go to KCL.
Seriously, Stamford Street isn't the be all and end all of coming to King's.
ecossaise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
Amen.

Having heard the gospel about Stamford Street for over 6 months, I was in a flat about two weeks ago for the first time and it wasn't as nice as the other residences I've been in, it was very small and there was really noisy building work outside. If King's is right for you, you'll love it no matter what residence you're in.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Far, far from it.
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ecossaise)
If King's is right for you, you'll love it no matter what residence you're in.
Exactly - London is a great city, and Kings is a great uni. But like everything you will ever do in your life, it is what you make of it that matters most.
sophieD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ecossaise)
Amen.

Having heard the gospel about Stamford Street for over 6 months, I was in a flat about two weeks ago for the first time and it wasn't as nice as the other residences I've been in, it was very small and there was really noisy building work outside. If King's is right for you, you'll love it no matter what residence you're in.

OK thanks for the feedback. So, if i go, i'll be doing english @ the Strand Campus. So if not Stamford street then, what other accomodation is within walking distance of the Strand Campus (I'm lazy) lol
gringalet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, I don't see what's so fantastic about it at all. Because it's en-suite, probably, and very central? Pff! You're only going to be in it for a year anyway!
gringalet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mxox)
Has anybody got any pictures of the intercollegiate halls which are closest to the Strand campus?
http://www.lon.ac.uk/Services/Studen.../halls2/ah.asp , and use the map thing
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by sophieD)

OK thanks for the feedback. So, if i go, i'll be doing english @ the Strand Campus. So if not Stamford street then, what other accomodation is within walking distance of the Strand Campus (I'm lazy) lol
Brian Creamer House is only about 25 minute walk. Gt Dover St is about the same, as is Wolfson House.
sophieD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
^^^ thanking you kindly
mxox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Quiksilver)
All Intercollegiate halls have free internet access.
Are you sure? Ive heard otherwise :confused:
Okay what to put as my second choice: Canterbury or Connaught? :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What do you guys know about Canterbury Hall?

It sounds nice; a few of the rooms are en suite and, in the rest, bathrooms are shared between only two or three people.
Dreama
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mm, I liked Canterbury Hall and put it 4th.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads