This discussion is closed.
burningwings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Don't you hate it when you know the word you're thinking of, but can't quite grasp it?!
I'm attempting to finish my religion coursework (*cough* 33% of grade, in for tomorrow) and this is what I have:

"It is important to note that when Paul talks about homosexual behaviour, and condemns it, he is probably alluding to exploitative forms, such as keeping slaves as sexual objects, and that there was no word for homosexuality as we know it today (As a ..."

as my last paragraph so far...the word I am looking for is when the relationship is a two way thing, rather than one partner forcing the other, and both agreeing to stuff and having equality... *annoyed at lack of decent word*
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Reciprocal?
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is it pretentious? I haven't read what you've written, but the word I can never quite remember is always pretentious.
burningwings
Rep:
?
You both win!! Thankyou!
I typed in recipricol and clicked thesaurus (as it was close to but not exactly the word i was looking for) and up came mutual, and that was it excellent. only a thousand more words or so to go..
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mutual
burningwings
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zapsta)
Is it pretentious? I haven't read what you've written, but the word I can never quite remember is always pretentious.
yeahhhh... *that* was it.... thanks for your useful contribution
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Reciprocal was the word that came to mind when you said 'when the relationship is a two way thing', so I said that. Then I read the rest of the post and realised it wasn't the best word to use...
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by burningwings)
yeahhhh... *that* was it.... thanks for your useful contribution
I'm serious. I'm always like "****... what's that word... begins with p... describes Morrissey..." Then I ask my dad, and he's like "Who the ****'s Morrissey?!" And I say "You know, the pretent..." And then I get it
af1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how dare you diss morrissey hes from right here in timperley
burningwings
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zapsta)
I'm serious. I'm always like "****... what's that word... begins with p... describes Morrissey..." Then I ask my dad, and he's like "Who the ****'s Morrissey?!" And I say "You know, the pretent..." And then I get it
ah well that's nice.. I dont like Morrissey
Ickletooth
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I always have this problem when writing essays - very annoying. Glad to know it's not just me
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads