This discussion is closed.
giantf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
My.idiot.friend.spilt.beer.on.my .laptop.so.my.spacebar.doesnt.wo rk.and.i.have.to.hit.n.reali.har d.
How.can.i.fix.my.keys?
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by giantf)
My.idiot.friend.spilt.beer.on.my .laptop.so.my.spacebar.doesnt.wo rk.and.i.have.to.hit.n.reali.har d.
How.can.i.fix.my.keys?
It may just be that there is something stuck under certain keys (maybe beer washed something under there?). The keys do snap off a keyboard so you can get underneath (on most laptops I have seen) but you may be better off getting someone who knows what they are doing to have a look.

I know I have a small piece of chicken under my caps lock key!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
let it dry out and see what happens but it might be ****ed. I spilled drink on my laptop last year and it was ok after a week but for the first two days it wouldn't even turn on.
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you laptop is having a typical hangover. give it couple of days, im sure i will be fine.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I spilt red wine over my laptop once! And I was so drunk at the time that I didn't realise, so it spent the night having swimming lessons. But it still works
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
let it dry out and see what happens but it might be ****ed. I spilled drink on my laptop last year and it was ok after a week but for the first two days it wouldn't even turn on.
Sounds like sound advice to me
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the liquid has probably dried up between the keys and gone sticky. if you can remove the keys - they usually are removable without breakage, then do so and clean in between, if you cant then your laptop is fubared.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (34)
25.19%
No (101)
74.81%

Watched Threads