little_k
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
The exam is on Thursday. I've started revising but I don't feel like anything is going in.

How is everyone else revising for it??
Andy08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
for the key studies, try and learn one, then write it down and check it. do this a few times and itl be stuck in your head. Pretty annoying way but it works and for the theory i think im just going to have a read through the book over relevant parts thoroughly once i've revised the key studies.

hope it helps
Of the Standard of Taste
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Are you doing spec B? (PYB2>?)
Malsy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
just trying to remember EVERYTHING basically.
xstarxsparklex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As someone else said, just writing the important bits out over and over again, trying to rely on your memory more and more each time. Eventually it should stick..does me :P
little_k
Rep:
?
I'm doing Aqa A.

It's really hard. Doing so well on the memory side (getting A's and B's) but on the attachment I've gone from a B to a D to an E ooops!

I'm trying to teach my Mum it (not very interesting) and making a powerpoint with it.

I've looked at writing out studies, think I'm gunna have to keep going over them!!!!
amm11_15
Report 12 years ago
Hi, im doing the As Psychology exam on Thursday (memory and attachment), does anyone know any websites where I can download audios for my ipod (for free) with the psychology revision? Thanks.
little_k
Rep:
?
that would be quite helpful. Although I've not stumbled upon any.

Maybe try making some yourself??
debrajane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you have an insane amount of studies to learn like I do, I found making a huge table of them all on Word, then dividing it up into topics, and go through all the studies summarising them into the table, with some evaluation issues briefly for each one. Its all neatly and orderly layed out to look at. Plus the summarising crams quite alot of it into your head aswell. Well thats what I've been doing. Then something else with definitions, theories etc. Might be useful
little_k
Rep:
?
yep so many studies!! I think I will be learning them section by section e.g. explanations of attachment, daycare etc. Like you say, doing it section by section can help you link back studies to section. Cheers!
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is anyone doing the edexcel one- Social n Cognitive
FutureMedic!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by little_k)
The exam is on Thursday. I've started revising but I don't feel like anything is going in.

The research methods exam? OCR?
If it is...i'm going to print out some notes and read through them. I learnt the majority of it at GCSE. I probably won't start till tuesday though.
alixxxxxx1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
keep writing the essays and doing questions xx
little_k
Rep:
?
(Original post by alixxxxxx1)
keep writing the essays and doing questions xx
No past paper questions - New spec

So just gotta go over ones we did in class, ones from text book etc.

Think some people from psychology are organising a 1 hour msn revision session, firing questions at each other etc
Peteo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No past paper questions - New spec

So just gotta go over ones we did in class, ones from text book etc.

Think some people from psychology are organising a 1 hour msn revision session, firing questions at each other etc

I know this sounds really cheeky, but can i join the revision session, it would really help me, and hopefully the more the merrier

Please haha
member169510
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Make some crazy posters!!
username165223
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got my stress and abnormality retake on Thursday and I just find writing down the notes and doing a powerpoint on it and going over it and boring my bf silly about the clinical characteristics of anorexia.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got an A in the a-level last year and here's my advice:

pratice essay after pratice essay after pratice essay
rollover, pudding
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my room is covered in posters atm. im retaking aqa pya2 (ind. differences and phys. psych.)

making posters, powerpoint presentations and uhm.. random cool pictures works quite well. i've also been reading stuff to myself outloud and recording it so i can listen to it when i go to bed or whatever lol. how sad.

try it? :]
J35sica
Report 12 years ago
To remember all the studies at AS, me and my friend made a song It actually worked, we both got As.
But apart from that, look at examiners reports and mark schemes, it really helps. All you can do with psychology is remember as much as possible. For PYA3, I didn't understand any of it, but I just remembered what was written in the book and pretty much re-wrote it in the exam and got an A for that unit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (28)
14.81%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (56)
29.63%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.68%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.23%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.65%

Watched Threads