The Student Room Group

Moderators, Donuts and all things nice (changed the name!)

Are you fed up of these mod threads??

some people love us, some hate us and it seems to be the same old sides arguing over it every single day!

trust me its great to get a bit of praise for it (really-thanks guys who know who they are), and sometimes people arnt so complimentry about the mods, but at the end of the day we are just users, just like you all. we are here mostly to moderate the unregs it seems (and quite alot of these threads have come from them.)

recently has been a hard time modding- not much fun, the best time for us is when theres none to do so we can have fun. its not much fun deleting page after page of spam!

anyway i guess i wanted to say thanks guys for being members and making this forum so popular.

can we stop all the mod discussion now??? i didnt mind the discussion at first but now its the same everytime (unregs!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love the mods! And the discussions are stimulating (if otherwise unproductive).
If we can't talk straight and express what opinions we want in an internet forum where we can't even see each other, then where the hell are we supposed to talk straight? Let us go on talking about all that may interest us, and in the manner we do it. We may be confrontational for the most part but the majority always play a clean game. The conflicts are fun! So long as they don't hurt or offend or generally piss off no-one (I'm talking to you Maskall)...
The discussions help promote an active forum, because if people are on, discussing anything, then they are very likely to be there to help people who need it.
And sometimes there isn't anything else to respond to, so if there isn't, it will put of people being active.
Reply 3
sometimes when ppl think the mods have been unfair they want to discuss it, i think thats ok
Reply 4
I generally get on with the mods. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Well I'm fed up with them.
I've got no problems really with the mods, but sometimes i do disagree with them.
But i think (and correct me if i'm wrong), that Ollie isn't refering to these types of posts, just posts who's titles are, for example "Who's your favourite/least favourite mod", and the like
Reply 7
ZJuwelH
If we can't talk straight and express what opinions we want in an internet forum where we can't even see each other, then where the hell are we supposed to talk straight?

you get that from barbershop?
Reply 8
Iluvatar
I've got no problems really with the mods, but sometimes i do disagree with them.
But i think (and correct me if i'm wrong), that Ollie isn't refering to these types of posts, just posts who's titles are, for example "Who's your favourite/least favourite mod", and the like

yeah those posts are pointless.
Reply 9
Iluvatar

no correction necessary, thats right- i have no problem if someone wants to discuss a mods actions but we keep on getting the same whos your (least) fav mod etc coming up its the same content ever time
Reply 10
ZJuwelH
I love the mods! And the discussions are stimulating (if otherwise unproductive).
If we can't talk straight and express what opinions we want in an internet forum where we can't even see each other, then where the hell are we supposed to talk straight? Let us go on talking about all that may interest us, and in the manner we do it. We may be confrontational for the most part but the majority always play a clean game. The conflicts are fun! So long as they don't hurt or offend or generally piss off no-one (I'm talking to you Maskall)...

I agree.
Reply 11
Ollie
no correction necessary, thats right- i have no problem if someone wants to discuss a mods actions but we keep on getting the same whos your (least) fav mod etc coming up its the same content ever time

so who's your least favourite mod ollie?
Reply 12
elpaw
so who's your least favourite mod ollie?

LOL!!! Provoke him why dont' you!
Adhsur

But it would be interesting to find out which mods didn't like which other, so we could put them against one another :smile:

Im joking BTW
Reply 14
Iluvatar
But it would be interesting to find out which mods didn't like which other, so we could put them against one another :smile:

Im joking BTW

*starts a new thread*
Reply 15
Adhsur

ADHSUR! Someone already explained the apostrophe !

its "don't" ! :tongue:
Are you fed up with the "Are You Fed Up Of All The Mod Threads?" Thread?
Reply 17
kikzen

EEEEEEEEEK!!! Stop picking at my typos! You HONESTLY don't think that was deliberate do you? I do English for heaven's sake :wink:
Reply 18
Iluvatar
Are you fed up with the "Are You Fed Up Of All The Mod Threads?" Thread?

LOL!! And are you fed up of the question "Are you fed up with the "Are You Fed Up Of All The Mod Threads?" Thread?"
kikzen

Are you going to go through all the other errors everyone makes in punctuation, spelling, grammer etc.???

Because there's so much on here, it'll take forever.

Latest

Trending

Trending