The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Changing my offer from Philosophy to Philosophy & Literature?

I'm writing an email to undergraduate admissions atm and I'm just looking for some reassurance :biggrin:

In the email, I explain why I didn't put down that course in the first place (applied to Cambridge who only do a single-honours course, focused on Philosophy in my ps, thought I wouldn't have a chance when applying for Phil&Lit with a ps like that). The rest reads a bit like a mini-ps... why I like the course and why I want to study literature in addition to Philosophy etc.
Anything else I should include? Or is all that stuff too much information :s-smilie: ?

I've heard Warwick are quite good with letting people switch courses, is that true?

The requirements for both courses are the same, with the exception that you need to have studied English Literature (website says: "Normally a student needs to have studied English literature formally, though in exceptional circumstances study of another literature (particularly in the case of international students) or less formal reading (in the case of mature students) may be sufficient. " ). I'm from Germany and I've done English, German and French (all of which included literature) until the end of year 13, so I guess I meet that requirement.

The only thing that worries me a bit is the fact that my German grades are a bit weird, excellent-very good in year 12 and good-okayish in year 13 (mostly because in year 13, we got a new teacher I didn't get along with), but my English (one of my main subjects) grades are excellent throughout and my French grades very good-good so it won't matter that much... hopefully (?)
Reply 1
Anyone :mute: ?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
green_glitter
Anyone :mute: ?

since you have the offer it's up to them. but generally they are quite good with it.

i know a lot of people that have switched in the first few weeks.
Reply 3
If they won't let you switch your offer now; I think it's highly likely that they'd allow you to switch degree course during the first few weeks after you start it.

Latest