Turn on thread page Beta

My sister had savings of about 10000 before she went to uni, and so didnt need a student loan. However, she found an ISA which had an interest rate that was higher than the interest that she paid on the student loan.

Now, she has got about 1000 in interest from the student loan money into the ISA. Cool innit!

Shame they are increasing the interest rate to 3.1% to stop this kind of thing happening lol.

ReputationRep:
    thats cool,but incidentley i went to uni last year,having to fork out a extremely large loan,After a few calls to family members i managed to get 20'000 of my house savings to pay for it.and the thing is that my mother has just passed away leaving me with a 3 acre 1.7 million pound home to share with my 3 brother.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    My sister had savings of about 10000 before she went to uni, and so didnt need a student loan. However, she found an ISA which had an interest rate that was higher than the interest that she paid on the student loan.

Now, she has got about 1000 in interest from the student loan money into the ISA. Cool innit!

Shame they are increasing the interest rate to 3.1% to stop this kind of thing happening lol.
    The interest rate on Student loans has varied between 3.5 and 3% for the last 5 yrs...inflation = 3%...they aren't increasing the interest rate on student loans to stop people making money from investing it - they're doing it to keep it tied to inflation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOSEPHROBERT)
    thats cool,but incidentley i went to uni last year,having to fork out a extremely large loan,After a few calls to family members i managed to get 20'000 of my house savings to pay for it.and the thing is that my mother has just passed away leaving me with a 3 acre 1.7 million pound home to share with my 3 brother.
    OK, I think we know that you're lying now.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.