The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
most boots have them, if you do a store search you can find one with scales.

They do weight for 50p and weight & body fat analysis for 70p
Reply 2
*Sparkle*
most boots have them, if you do a store search you can find one with scales.

They do weight for 50p and weight & body fat analysis for 70p

do they have a weight limit, like traditional scales have? or are they digital? I do actually remember my local Boots having one but it is now closed, and I'm not sure about the one at the shopping centre.
Reply 3
Sports centres and gyms
The gym.
your bathroom
boots do them, as do some other local pharmacies. my local tesco pharmacy has scales also.

my hubby has used the ones in boots before, and at one of my local pharmacies, and he is around 28 stone, so certainly it took up to his weight.
Reply 7
Most Boots stores do have an instore weighing machine.
Most gyms do too.
Reply 8
Phone the DVLA and ask about their nearest weighbridge if you think limits could be a problem.

Though if limits could be a problem, maybe its just time to start loosing weight.

Or are you going to weigh yourself, and nine mates at the same time, divide by ten, and that is how much you each weigh?
Reply 9

Just because I ask about weight limits, doesn't mean I'm huge... :/

oh and I'm the one on the left, in pink. No doubt you have some sarcastic comment to make about that.
LXXXVIII
do they have a weight limit, like traditional scales have? or are they digital? I do actually remember my local Boots having one but it is now closed, and I'm not sure about the one at the shopping centre.

They're digital, you enter your height and it works our your BMI and then it gives you a print out of your height, weight, bmi, then you're target weight range and then your body fat analysis and a target for that too.
Reply 11
151290 Thomas
your bathroom

Or a friend's scales should you not have any scales. :smile:
Reply 12
hayyleyy
you could buy yourself a set of scales maybe?

I have scales, I hate them. I want something more accurate.
Reply 13
*Sparkle*
They're digital, you enter your height and it works our your BMI and then it gives you a print out of your height, weight, bmi, then you're target weight range and then your body fat analysis and a target for that too.

great thank you :smile:
Reply 14
PinkMobilePhone
boots do them, as do some other local pharmacies. my local tesco pharmacy has scales also.

my hubby has used the ones in boots before, and at one of my local pharmacies, and he is around 28 stone, so certainly it took up to his weight.

Boots or the gym.
LXXXVIII

oh and I'm the one on the left, in pink. No doubt you have some sarcastic comment to make about that.

Oops, sorry.

I assumed too much when you asked about weight limits.
Reply 17
I bought some when I started uni - £15 in Boots, a bit pricey but at least you could do it in the privacy of your room. I hate using public ones, especially when they start talking at me in that computerized voice in a really patronizing way!! Maybe catch some January offer.

By the way, you are really pretty! (in a non lesbian way!)
LXXXVIII

Your very pretty btw.

Tesco toilets sometimes have some, or boots, or you could buy some, i dont think they are too badly priced in argos or tescos. :smile:
Reply 19
Oops, sorry, didn't read the post from you about scales properly!
If you get digital ones, they should be fine! I don't know how they'd be different from doctors ones. I had to get weighed a lot at the drs for an ED and they looked exactly the same ones you'd get in a normal shop. There wouldn't be a huge inaccuracy and even if they were a pound or two out, you can still use them to monitor weight change or maintenance.

Latest