Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i a 16 years old and suffer from acne. i started to get the first signs when i was 13.At that stage buy over the counter products cleared them up,,but using them made my skin very dry and flaky.3 years on and it has worsened making me very insecure.i have tryed everything you can think of,eating healthy,drinking plenty of water,sun beds,i even washed 7 times a day at one piont.Then it got to the piont where i was targeted by youngsters,and girls about my spots.Now i dont have a life,i dont go out and i even truent from college,all i think about is having clear skin.Howver last week i went to the docters and they prescribed me with oxytetracycline.this is my last chance.does anybody know any prescriptions or remedies i can use thankyou

ReputationRep:
    16 year olds dont go to university

see http://www.uk-learning.net/t14483.html

are you being honest??

just wait-it will clear up in a year or 2

(Original post by Ollie)
    16 year olds dont go to university

see http://www.uk-learning.net/t14483.html

are you being honest??

just wait-it will clear up in a year or 2
    HE DIDNT SAY ANYTHIGN BOUT UNI??

ReputationRep:
    incidentley i went to uni last year

no, i still dont see that.

ReputationRep:
    put salt into the water when you wash, not too much salt. its a natural antiseptic so should help.

i use it and it does work quite well

thats if this thread is serious.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    no, i still dont see that.
    From the other thread, quoted in Ollie's post.

ReputationRep:
    So have you got a Pepperoni pizza head?

(Original post by picju96)
    From the other thread, quoted in Ollie's post.
    lol, sorry ollie, and this guy is a joker.

bhaal85 - was that a joke? i didnt laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    lol, sorry ollie, and this guy is a joker.

bhaal85 - was that a joke? i didnt laugh.
    No, it wasnt. It was a serious question.

ReputationRep:
    Do you eat a lot of chocolate? I know it sounds mad, but when I stopped eating it, all the spots went.

Try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    Do you eat a lot of chocolate? I know it sounds mad, but when I stopped eating it, all the spots went.

Try it.
    I thought that was an old wives' tale.

How long before you started noticing results pencil?

I heard that the chocolate thing was a myth, i may try it, but i like chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    If you think you have a real problem go and see your doctor - they can usually proscribe you somthing for it.

ReputationRep:
    They just stopped appearing after I stopped eating chocolate. The old spots would die and no more would appear. As soon as I had say a Mars Bar though, I would look in the mirror the next morning and see loads of them starting to appear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    They just stopped appearing after I stopped eating chocolate. The old spots would die and no more would appear. As soon as I had say a Mars Bar though, I would look in the mirror the next morning and see loads of them starting to appear.
    according to 'official' NHS advice diet has nothing to do with acne. certainly ive never been aware of a link between what im eating and acne.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.