The Student Room Group

Romantically annoying situations!

Don't you just hate it when you meet someone where their initially appears to be obvious chemisty but you can't do anything about it?

I have one of the most boring lecturers ever but today I met his daughter!

There was clearly a mutual attraction and if we had met anywhere else but under his supervision it could have been interesting.

So any ideas for getting this girls number given the fact that she had just popped in to see her dad?

Life can be so mundane but comical situations like this make it so much more interesting!
Reply 1
become friends with the lecturer. Even if it pains you, it'll pay off in the end :biggrin:
Reply 2
Sneak to her home and wisk her away on your galliant steed to be married in secret and live happily ever after. :biggrin: Or you could just invite to lunch or something next time you see her...Away from her father.
Reply 3
LOL the probem is she was only there because her father was getting some sort of award or something!
Mark_KK
LOL the probem is she was only there because her father was getting some sort of award or something!

steal a trophy and hold another award ceremony
I say that you ignore ALL other subjects and concentrate on this one, this will make you teachers pet and then you can become his mate... get top marks in everything and he'll invite u round for tea and then u can make ur move :biggrin:

I know.. Its crappy.. But I couldnt think of a good idea :frown:
Ask the lecturer if he could give you her number/give her yours?

I'd just be straight with the guy, tell him you want to hook up with his daughter. :smile:
Reply 7
well... be honest but use the honesty to your aid...

pretend to be very interested in the lecturer's topic and then try to do something impressive like answering a extremely hard question to get his attention... basically give her dad a GOOD IMPRESSION....

so if you see her again at the next supervision, praise her socially to the lecturer (something like you've got a great daughter sir or somthing) but don't go to the extreme of asking about her yet....

Then see if you can talk to her... and try to be friends... and if it works... he should talk about you to her (many lecturers talk about their day to their children)... so use his good impression to give her the good impression...

THEN do whatever you please the next time you see her... such as buying her a drink / helping to carry her bag / ask for her number... BUT BE HONEST...
anchemis
well... be honest but use the honesty to your aid...

pretend to be very interested in the lecturer's topic and then try to do something impressive like answering a extremely hard question to get his attention... basically give her dad a GOOD IMPRESSION....

so if you see her again at the next supervision, praise her socially to the lecturer (something like you've got a great daughter sir or somthing) but don't go to the extreme of asking about her yet....

Then see if you can talk to her... and try to be friends... and if it works... he should talk about you to her (many lecturers talk about their day to their children)... so use his good impression to give her the good impression...

THEN do whatever you please the next time you see her... such as buying her a drink / helping to carry her bag / ask for her number... BUT BE HONEST...

i agree do something fantastic in the lecture to grab his attention then say something like sir u have a lovely daugheter. do the smae wasa wat this guy said
Reply 9
LOL thanks for all of your ideas.

Sadly I do not have the lecturer in question again (well not for some time I think) and thus I will have to think of other ways to get to his daughter!

She looked about 17 but just imagine how embarrasing it would be if she turned out to be 15!!!
Reply 10
well... then you need to resort to alternative measures... try to find out where she hangs around... (is the lecturer in your college?) AND MAKE CONVERSATION ON FIRST INSTANCE... cause chances are that meeting someone you dont know twice is remote.... so GRAB THE OPPORTUNITY AND MAKE A MOVE...
Reply 11
tell her dad that u have romantic feelings for his daughter and say that u thought about her right the way through the previous night.... twice(just to let him know u care)

Latest

Trending

Trending