The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
my app went off 15th october, 3 months to read 500 words. what about you? whats your subjects and grades?!
i just dont know what they want/waiting for?!
it took her literally 5 mins from when i sent it. they are just stringing us along now and its driving me mad. leeds is doing the same thing, where else did you apply?
i want to go there too! but now i'm thinking a gap year maybe.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
i applied to leeds, warwick, southampton, sheffield and nottingham- how about you? and yeah i was thinking gap year only because i really want to go to warwick and they're taking so long it's so frustrating. my form went off end of nov- so much later than you, i don't understand why they're taking so long!!
Reply 42
I predict that next week will be the week
Reply 43
fweefwee
I predict that next week will be the week

what makes you say that?!
Reply 44
vintagelle
i applied to leeds, warwick, southampton, sheffield and nottingham- how about you? and yeah i was thinking gap year only because i really want to go to warwick and they're taking so long it's so frustrating. my form went off end of nov- so much later than you, i don't understand why they're taking so long!!

yee leeds too, and sheffield, manchester, birmingham who I have offers from.
its killlllinggg meeee
Reply 45
lkatz24
what makes you say that?!

The first lot of interviews for english lit. are tommorow, so after that I think they will get back to the rest of us...hopefully....
I really hope to hear from Warwick. It's always been my first choice. Although my hope is kind of waning.
Reply 47
anyone applied to nottingham and got in for english?
vintagelle
anyone applied to nottingham and got in for english?

Hi, yes I applied to nottingham and got an offer (AAB).
Are you still waiting to hear?
Reply 49
yeah :frown: when did you apply?? how long did it take for the offer to come through?
Reply 50
I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham too. They sent me a letter in December saying my application was on hold until after the deadline because they want to treat all applicants fairly. They'd already handed out offers to other people so really what they are saying was they're waiting for someone better to come along. :biggrin:

At least Warwick are a little more open about their selection process. We should hear back from them in the next week or two. Once they have a rough idea how many applicants from the first interview are likely to receive an offer, they will decide how many more interviews to give to applicants. If there were a lot of impressive candidates on the first interview date, less interview dates will be given. Well that's what I think Warwick are doing.
Reply 51
I'm worried now, wish they would hurry up slightly...
Reply 52
Scaper
I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham too. They sent me a letter in December saying my application was on hold until after the deadline because they want to treat all applicants fairly. They'd already handed out offers to other people so really what they are saying was they're waiting for someone better to come along. :biggrin:

At least Warwick are a little more open about their selection process. We should hear back from them in the next week or two. Once they have a rough idea how many applicants from the first interview are likely to receive an offer, they will decide how many more interviews to give to applicants. If there were a lot of impressive candidates on the first interview date, less interview dates will be given. Well that's what I think Warwick are doing.

when did you apply?
this whole process is really infuriating at times!
Reply 53
Just.A.Girl
Hi, yes I applied to nottingham and got an offer (AAB).
Are you still waiting to hear?

yeah :frown: when did you apply and how long did it take for your offer to come through?
I'm waiting for these too :frown: its taking sooooooooo long
vintagelle
yeah :frown: when did you apply and how long did it take for your offer to come through?

I sent my application on November 6th, I think the offer came about two weeks later? :confused:

Don't worry, now all the applications have been recieved, I'm sure we'll hear soon, I'm still waiting to hear from two of my choices (including Warwick) :wink:
I got an interview for English Lit with Creative Writing :biggrin: The letter arrived last week. Now it's just getting the portfolio together and surviving the interview >>;;;
blanc_lapin
I got an interview for English Lit with Creative Writing :biggrin: The letter arrived last week. Now it's just getting the portfolio together and surviving the interview

Portfolio??? Is that just for English Lit and Creative Writing? Or does every English applicant need one? :confused:
If anyone had an interview this past week will you let us know how it went? And how much of a notification will they give you prior to your interview? I'd hate if they invited me for an interview only a week before the actual interview. If the second batch of interviews are mid February we really should be hearing sometime this week, (hopefully)
Reply 59
perfectimperfection
If anyone had an interview this past week will you let us know how it went? And how much of a notification will they give you prior to your interview? I'd hate if they invited me for an interview only a week before the actual interview. If the second batch of interviews are mid February we really should be hearing sometime this week, (hopefully)

I had an English and Theatre Studs one on Friday. Everyone is really nice and friendly and it is not formal at all. Don't feel scared as it's obvious they're not out to get you.

I got my letter in mid December I think?

Latest

Trending

Trending