The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I think i speak for myself and vintagelle when i say i am veryyyyy jealous!
but well done! thats fantastic and good luck!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
haha well said lkatz24 but yeah well done again! fingers crossed we get an interview!!!
mylee
THANK GOODNESS! At last I get some good news :smile:!
BUT...

"I appreciate that this invitation does not give you long to decide and you may have other arrangements on that day and be unable to make the interview at Warwick.

Therefore, we can offer you the option of completing an e-mail interview. If you wish to choose this option, please notify us at [email protected] by 6th February 2009. If you select the e-mail interview option, I advise that the text of an email interview will be sent out on Friday 13 February and responses should be returned by email to reach us on the morning of Monday 16 February."

I'm away from the 13th until the 20th. That means I can't make either the interview or email one :|
I'm going to have to do a lot of ringing around tomorrow. Oh deary... it is VERY late of them, if I hadn't check my email tonight I wouldn't have known.

an email interview?? wow... are you an international student? sorry... jw why they offer an email option!
Reply 83
No, I'm in London. The email simply offers the alternative in case you can't make the 18th. I rang this morning and it is all sorted! They're allowing me to open the interview upon my return to England after my holiday. From the sounds of it, they get notified when you open the email and you 48hours in which to reply. Scary stuff! BUT yaaay! :smile:
I received an email from warwick today telling me they are hoping to finalise descisions by 20th March, they are now in the final stages of descision making...WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Just reject me or invite for an interview and get it over with!
Reply 85
I applied for EPAIS but I got the same email yesterday. I guess it means they are still considering our applications, which is good news. At least it is not a rejection!
Reply 86
perfectimperfection
I received an email from warwick today telling me they are hoping to finalise descisions by 20th March, they are now in the final stages of descision making...WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Just reject me or invite for an interview and get it over with!

couldn't have said it better myself
Post came through finally! Got an interview on the 29th. I'm so relieved I haven't been rejected, but now I'm terrified. I really don't want to muck this up.
Reply 88
wow congratulations!! is that the interview day on the 27th? I hate them leaving it this late! I'm still waiting on stupid leeds for english and theatre
Oh god, yeah I mean the 27th. I'm acting skittish already.
Yeah, I know. I was seriously getting worried too. I submitted my application so long ago and everyone seems to be getting offers and interviews flooding in. Good luck with Leeds, though!
Reply 90
I just got my interview email. I'm well annoyed they've left it so late. Especially as I was given an offer before I'd even applied by the admission tutor last year! (okay, for engineering and because I'd been vetted for the Headstart scheme) but I'm just grrrr at the lateness of it.
perfectimperfection
I received an email from warwick today telling me they are hoping to finalise descisions by 20th March, they are now in the final stages of descision making...QUOTE]

I got one of those too! I don't know what to think now! People are being called for interview and being left this long is not the best confidence boost!

What threw me aswell was the date, 20th March? The last interview date they give in the prospectus is 27th February, so they must be putting on extra (even later) dates?
Reply 92
I also recieved this email today, i'm not quite sure what to make of it. At least it shows that they're still considering us, maybe all the rejections have already been given?
Does anyone know the figures for this course - i.e. how many people apply, how many are interviewed and how many places there are? I've tried looking online but only got a vague idea...
Reply 94
carly brown
Does anyone know the figures for this course - i.e. how many people apply, how many are interviewed and how many places there are? I've tried looking online but only got a vague idea...

I heard that, last year, there were 3000 applicants, they interviewed 600, and gave offers to 100. Urghhh.
I got that email as well today, I swear this is like, the third time they'e told me that they know I exist!
According to someone who was interviewed last week, there were over 3000 applicants this year.

180 have been invited to each of the two interview days, and just over 180 offers will be made - so it's about a 50:50 chance for those who are invited to interview.

I don't know about people who haven't heard yet, sorry - maybe you are on a reserve list in case they can't find enough good candidates among the interviewees?
I've been given an interview on 27th Feb! So am glad to have got that far....50:50 chances aren't great, but it's better than nothing! Anyone else here going on 27th?

Still waiting to hear from Durham and Bristol. Wish they would get a move on!
Reply 97
that is crazy ridiculous figures, i think for english and theatre its like 500 for 17 places.
congrats carly! when did your letter come through? x
Reply 98
Very few offers! How many actual places are there then? I know they have to take all 180 if for some reason, all 180 accepted it as their firm and got the grades, but typically, how many straight English students a year?
aaloo
Very few offers! How many actual places are there then? I know they have to take all 180 if for some reason, all 180 accepted it as their firm and got the grades, but typically, how many straight English students a year?

Last year there were more students than expected - they were aiming for around 100 but ended up admitting over 120, I think.

Maybe that's why there will be so few offers this year.

Latest