Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi all , can sum people can let me know of the cheapest uni around for accomodation and living expenses ect

ReputationRep:
    well, the cheapest uni would be the one that is most local to you, because you would not need student accomodation or loans etc...you could live at home and have food, shelter, everything!!! obviously, the local uni is most cheap, coz travelling and renting student accommodation adds up costs...

ReputationRep:
    indeed but when u have to go further afeild thast what im talkign abouti cant stay at home coz uni near me is not teh right uni.

ReputationRep:
    well, if you are going afield, then there is no difference in cost of uni's really. its the same, unless you live in london where it is expensive. as for expenses, teh nicer area of uni you go to, the more expensive goods etc will cost to purchase, the *****er nui's are in poorer areas, where goods are cheaper. its common sense. if you dont want high costs, then stay well clear of london.

(Original post by Eámanë)
    hi all , can sum people can let me know of the cheapest uni around for accomodation and living expenses ect
    I think bradford is officially the cheapest place.
    Steer clear of Soas, U of L, rent is nearing £100 p/w in their halls!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield...all good unis in big cities with a good proportion of cheap accommodation locally and all cheap places to live.

Campus uni's away from main cities and uni's in towns not cities are more expensive as is almost anywhere in the south east/london area.

ReputationRep:
    I read is some guide that Leeds in the cheapest standard of living for students, I guess that's based on typical accomodation costs, and then all the other stuff (food, drink, club entrace fees etc) At the student union bar(s?) there is an offer on one weeknight of buy 1 get 4 free (pints) loooool :P

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...408617,00.html

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.