Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many GCSE's did u do or going to do?

Its really bugged me out that, im not clever and im doing both double and triple science which i thought was not possible. r any of u doin both

here how it goes :-

German 1 GCSE

English 2 GCSE

Science triple and double award - 5 GCSE 2 from double three from triple

history 1 GCSE

maths 1 GCSE

RE- Half GCSE (short course)

ICT GNVQ 4 GCSE

altogether im doin 14 and a half GCSE's. Here are my grades predicted:-

German B

English BB

Science CC CCB

History C

Maths B

RE A

GNVQ BBBA

I know what u lot are gonna say,sayin how dumb i am, boasting about gettin A*

but i really dont need it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think schools could force you to do Triple Science!?

I did double at GCSE.. its really wasn't that hard- and I'm not good at Science. Jus wait to you start your A-levels!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 13.5.

How come you have 'BBBA' for your GNVQ? I thought you could only get BBBB, AAAA etc.?

ReputationRep:
    Only get to do 9.

(Original post by Kish)

Its really bugged me out that, im not clever and im doing both double and triple science which i thought was not possible. r any of u doin both

German 1 GCSE

English 2 GCSE

history 1 GCSE

maths 1 GCSE

ICT GNVQ 4 GCSE

German B

English BB

Science CC CCB

History C

Maths B

RE A

GNVQ BBBA

By doing separate Biology, Chemistry and Physics GCSEs, you would easily have the knowledge to be able to sit the Combined Sciences exams. Therefore, by studying them separately, I think it would be easy to get 5 GCSEs from it. I only did combined sciences and now I wish that with a little extra work I could have got 5 instead of 2. Although GCSEs dont matter anymore when you have AAAA at AS-Level

ReputationRep:
    I did 13...including triple sciences, but I did do Maths and Biology a year early.

ReputationRep:
    you cant get 5 science gcses, it would be pointless. either you take the 3 seperate subjects or you do the double award. doing both would mean youve taken the same subjects twice with a bit extra in the triple.

(Original post by edders)
    you cant get 5 science gcses, it would be pointless. either you take the 3 seperate subjects or you do the double award. doing both would mean youve taken the same subjects twice with a bit extra in the triple.
    You literally cant do all 5 btw...they dont allow it.

i thought that u could chose to do the double award or separate sciences

im takin:

english
    maths
    double science
    french
    spanish
    gcse pe
    art
    history
    dt
    re(1/2)
    woo not got my predicted grades but in year 10exams i got:

english-C opps but in my defense my mate got about 90% and still got a B and i woz about 10% above the average
    maths-B (i think) on higher paper
    double science A in biology/chem paper A* in physics-im so proud i revised

french-A
    spanish-A my speakin coz i pronounced it wrong and only got 13/20 i woz so annoyed she shoulda asked me another question so i could get it on cpz she only aske an tiny future
    gcse pe-A*
    art- B-
    history-B/A
    dt-A*
    re(1/2)-A

any1 any idea wot u could do 4 a job with my best subjects??

ReputationRep:
    The dumbest GCSE you can get is R.E.. I think is good that people are educated in different religions but the way I was taught it the teacher basically ridiculed everything except Christianity.. -Facist..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    The dumbest GCSE you can get is R.E.. I think is good that people are educated in different religions but the way I was taught it the teacher basically ridiculed everything except Christianity.. -Facist..
    fascist, even

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    fascist, even
    Lol.. soz :rolleyes:

i agree its not even all the major religions u only do christian and islamic view on abortion its easy theyre against everythin and maybe a little bit about jews the completly disregard the others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish)

German 1 GCSE

English 2 GCSE

history 1 GCSE

maths 1 GCSE

ICT GNVQ 4 GCSE

German B

English BB

Science CC CCB

History C

Maths B

RE A

GNVQ BBBA

Relax, half the people on here lie about their grades anyway. A*'s arent just handed out, dont worry about it. I did'nt get any A*'s and i passed my AS's with flying colours. Honestly by the comments some people make on these boards (immature comments) how many do you think are A* people? Not many. People just come on here to get help, once they have got it, they dont come back unless they need help again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoTheOne)
    i agree its not even all the major religions u only do christian and islamic view on abortion its easy theyre against everythin and maybe a little bit about jews the completly disregard the others
    Islam, Christianity are the main religions on earth. Or people with the most belonging to them. Hinduism comes 3rd with Sikhism is 4th. Judaism is 5th, i dont think there are over 100,000,000 Jews on Earth anyway? It is only studied (Judaism) because of the fixation of the Holocaust and it's status has been elevated due to that. Not trying to sound harsh or anything by saying that.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: you can try and start revising now because all them subjects will just weigh you down near the GCSE'S because you have got a lot to know. also ask your teachers what to do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoTheOne)
    no other religions were even mentioned during my gcse re course- just christianity.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I only did 9 - wish I did more but at the time I chose them I thought I'd get all B's if lucky!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I do 11 and the YE thingy worth 2. So 13, in effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Well I do 11 and the YE thingy worth 2. So 13, in effect.
    Is young Enterprise worth 2 GCSE's?? at school we were told one and that we were't allowed to put it down until after 18 for some reason , well at least not on our college forms is this true

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.