This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hotnanoo)
Is young Enterprise worth 2 GCSE's?? at school we were told one and that we were't allowed to put it down until after 18 for some reason , well at least not on our college forms is this true
no idea. It is worth two GCSEs, yes.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I'm 29 and I've been taking 5 GCSEs every year since 1996. My grades so far are:

Science: A*A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
General Studies: C
Maths: A*
English:A*
Literature: A*
Art and Design Textiles: A*
Art: A*
Music: A*
Drama: C
History: A*
German: D (I did this course 3 times)
Geography: A*
RE: A*
PE: A
IT: A*
Photography: B
Business Studies: A*
Technology Resistant Materials: A*
Cooking: A*
Media Studies: A*
Woodwork: A
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I'm 29 and I've been taking 5 GCSEs every year since 1996. My grades so far are:

Didn't you think it would be more sensible and beneficial to start doing A levels/get a degree/get somewhere in life? Or are you aready comfortable and just do GCSE's for fun? (why!?) lol.
hotnanoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

this is such a lie someones gone thorugh a few old threads and found this
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Why would I lie? Lots of people do it. It keeps the mind active and improves my CV.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I did 9 GCSEs.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You can do General Studies GCSE? It seems very sad to do so many what are supposed to be easy exams for anyone over 16.
Acid_Rain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I took eleven, and it was more than enough
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
How many GCSE's did u do or going to do?

Its really bugged me out that, im not clever and im doing both double and triple science which i thought was not possible. r any of u doin both

here how it goes :-

German 1 GCSE

English 2 GCSE

Science triple and double award - 5 GCSE 2 from double three from triple

history 1 GCSE

maths 1 GCSE

RE- Half GCSE (short course)

ICT GNVQ 4 GCSE

altogether im doin 14 and a half GCSE's. Here are my grades predicted:-

German B

English BB

Science CC CCB

History C

Maths B

RE A

GNVQ BBBA

I know what u lot are gonna say,sayin how dumb i am, boasting about gettin A*

but i really dont need it.
I did 11, one in year 10 and the rest in year 11. Those, look like good grades to me and I would be happy with them
In my mock exams I got Cs and Ds, but in the real exams with some revision and hard work I managed to achieve 1A*,6As,3Bs and a C so I don't see any reason why you won't be able to achieve A*s in the summer with those predictions, remember there's still quite a bit of time left
stigy shann
Report 17 years ago
i am taking

10 gcse's
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I am doing 10. We aren't aloud to do all the sciences separately at our school, only double award. I thought it was a bit unfair since science is one of the subjects I am reasonably good at.

Anyway these are the subjects I am doings:
English, Maths, Double Award Science, Food Technology, ICT, Rural Science, Russian and Geography. (English is worth 2 GCSEs)
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I am doing 10. We aren't aloud to do all the sciences separately at our school, only double award. I thought it was a bit unfair since science is one of the subjects I am reasonably good at.
Yeah but is your school a bog standard comp like mine was , in which case they probably have difficulty in getting enough staff/ timetabling problems.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I took 9.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If you're quite good at Science, why does it make a difference whether you do separate sciences or double award?
FudgeMonkey
Report 17 years ago
I done 2 in year 10 (Maths and Media Studies- got two a'S) And i am doing 9 and a half this year (Double Science, Add Maths, Stats, Eng Lit, Eng Lang, French, Geography, Drama, Food Tech, RS shortcourse) so 11 and a half
Think
Report 17 years ago
There are only 12,ooo,ooo Jews in the whole world. To say that RE judaism is studied just because of the holocaust is ridiculous and offensive. It is studied because it is the oldest religion still practising today, the first monotheistic (i.e. that there is just one God) religion and gave birth to both Christianity and Islam which came many years later and are based on many of its principles and ethic codes, thus having great implications especially for the western society.

(Original post by CasperUK)
Islam, Christianity are the main religions on earth. Or people with the most belonging to them. Hinduism comes 3rd with Sikhism is 4th. Judaism is 5th, i dont think there are over 100,000,000 Jews on Earth anyway? It is only studied (Judaism) because of the fixation of the Holocaust and it's status has been elevated due to that. Not trying to sound harsh or anything by saying that.
xXmoiXx
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
The dumbest GCSE you can get is R.E.. I think is good that people are educated in different religions but the way I was taught it the teacher basically ridiculed everything except Christianity.. -Facist..
RE is actually a good GCSE to do. Providing you have the right kind of teacher you can learn such a lot from it. It helps you with arguments and with life - particularly wen doing the moral issuses corse (marriage, abortion, divorce etc.) However, even with a bad RE teacher it can teach you loads.....any 1 else agree??............??
zizi
Report 17 years ago
who here has done their GCSEs already?
banana
Report 17 years ago
RE has got 2 b the most pointless GCSE u could take. i have 2 take it so u no. but if i had da chance id drop it. i wish i coulda done somthin else but thats da way it goes!!!!!
how comes every1's doin so many GCSEs? Im doin

history A
maths B
science (dual) AA
english A*
english lit A*
ICT (didnt want 2 but had 2) B
re C
spanish A

glad i aint u
*starbuck*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
We were only allowed to do 10, well 9.5 really because IT was only the short course.

I did

English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Double Science
French
Food Tech
History
Geography
Short course IT

Some people got away with doing 11 (10.5) by choosing 2 languages, but we all had to do one language, a technology besides IT, and a humanitites subject.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (556)
50.36%
No (548)
49.64%

Watched Threads