Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well, i did:

english lit/lang AAA (got three grades-don't know why)
    french A
    IT B
    Science BB
    maths B
    Graphics (art) C
    Food tech C
    RE (short course) B

which is 7.5 subjects (but i'm sure it was more than that) and 11 grades...
    Lyd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddylid1)
    english lit/lang AAA (got three grades-don't know why)
    The third was for speaking and listening. It isn't a GCSE in its own right but makes up part of your language grade.

ReputationRep:
    I did ten GCSEs

A*AAAAAAAAB

I think that was about the right amount, anymore and it would have been to much work, hence my grades may have fallen.

ReputationRep:
    I did 9 back in 1999 (God I feel old!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    I did mine in 2001 and that seems ages ago. My A levels flew by, I don't know about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    I did mine in 1999 too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neogandalf)
    I did mine in 2001 and that seems ages ago. My A levels flew by, I don't know about everyone else?
    Time goes much too fast Doesn't seem that long since I was collecting my GCSE results...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 10-

Double Science
    English
    Maths
    ICT
    RS
    German
    Geography
    Graphics
    Music

ReputationRep:
    Time does go far too quickly. I remember my first day of secondary school in year 7! AM also graduating uni this year, and that's gone in a blur, though that may have something to do with the drink!

ReputationRep:
    I did 10 too, 7A* and 3A. it does seem like ages ago though. and it was only 2002!

ReputationRep:
    I am Actully doing IGCSE 7 subjects :
    Biology extended
    chemistry extended
    physics extended
    English as a first language
    Math extended
    ICT
    Business studies

ReputationRep:
    school only allowed us to do 10.5 which is ok, but since 9.5 were compulsory we only got 1 choice out of the entire humanity section, which i thought was really unfair...i'm also doing two extra out of school, one chinese as a private exam and one statistic thing

ReputationRep:
    I did 11 and got A* 6 As 4Bs, god do i feel thick here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I did 11 and got A* 6 As 4Bs, god do i feel thick here

haha...don't worry by the time i've done mine u'll get to laugh at me

ReputationRep:
    i've done one already (French - A*), and i am currently doing 9 GCSEs (IT, Food, Geo, History, Double Science, English which is two and maths) as well as an AS

in my year ten i got

Science - Overall A*A* - top of my year in school!!! (2 really high As in bio and chem and an A* in physics, which is wierd as physics is my worst!)

English - A/B (we only did the one in yr10 exams)

French - already done - A* (327/360 marks) - my friend got 351/360, but then again she is half belgian

Food - B (cos half the exam was things we hadn't done

Geo - A* top of my year in school!!!

History - A (4% off A*)

IT - A (3% off A*)

Maths - A (A in non-calculator and really high B in calculator paper)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I did 11, one in year 10 and the rest in year 11. Those, look like good grades to me and I would be happy with them
    In my mock exams I got Cs and Ds, but in the real exams with some revision and hard work I managed to achieve 1A*,6As,3Bs and a C so I don't see any reason why you won't be able to achieve A*s in the summer with those predictions, remember there's still quite a bit of time left
    Yay, you've given me hope! (hurrah)

ReputationRep:
    at my school were only meant to do 10 top- because otherwise they don't fit into the timetable. that really pissed me off- because I wanted to beat my mum who got 11- so I complained a lot and they allowed me to do two extra: Stats and Photography. Stats is kind of filler- but Photog took ages and we had to compress the course into one year. other subjects taking: german, geog, art, eng lit+lang (2), double science, ICT and maths. Taken RS-teacher pissed cause at time was adamant athiest and still got A*. haha she sux- she was bloody bigoted as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    you cant get 5 science gcses, it would be pointless. either you take the 3 seperate subjects or you do the double award. doing both would mean youve taken the same subjects twice with a bit extra in the triple.
    #

Agree, totally.
    Any university would surely only see this as 3 GCSE grades. It would be like doing foundation and higher maths or something. It couldn't possibly count as 5 separate GCSEs.
    If it did, everyone would do it, because you get 2 GCSEs for no extra work.

ReputationRep:
    I did ten and a half.

J.

ReputationRep:
    I did 10, 9A*s and an A.
    Maths
    Additional Maths
    English Language
    English Literature
    Irish
    Spanish
    DA Science
    History
    R.E.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.