Report 17 years ago
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhh "DOUGHNUTS" (is dat btter?). i want sum. with jam filling
Babygal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
PPL! Donut is not the correct spelling over here either, it's DOUGHNUT!
I agree with you, why should the brits become so americanised (don't know if thats a word) but yeah i'm 100% with DOUGHNUTS, but personally i prefer the word movie, not film, its too much in the past that is
Ben.S.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Babygal)
I agree with you, why should the brits become so americanised (don't know if thats a word) but yeah i'm 100% with DOUGHNUTS, but personally i prefer the word movie, not film, its too much in the past that is
They're nuts (nuts and bolts style) and they're made out of dough (not do) - therefore, logic would have it that they are doughnuts. Obviously logical thinking never quite caught on in America.

Ben
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
They're nuts (nuts and bolts style) and they're made out of dough (not do) - therefore, logic would have it that they are doughnuts. Obviously logical thinking never quite caught on in America.

Ben
I will say it one more time it is doughnuts over here not donuts, unfortunately a certain franchise wanted to have abit of an edge in their name and called themselves dunkin donuts. That doesn't mean the proper spelling has changed.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I will say it one more time it is doughnuts over here not donuts, unfortunately a certain franchise wanted to have abit of an edge in their name and called themselves dunkin donuts. That doesn't mean the proper spelling has changed.
Wow - I really did think it was 'donuts'. What REALLY annoys me is the mystical language which goes by the name of 'English (US)'. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S LISTED BEFORE 'English (UK)'! Why is UK even needed!?! It should be English, then English (US) or, better still, English (with letters missing)!

Ben
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Wow - I really did think it was 'donuts'. What REALLY annoys me is the mystical language which goes by the name of 'English (US)'. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S LISTED BEFORE 'English (UK)'! Why is UK even needed!?! It should be English, then English (US) or, better still, English (with letters missing)!

Ben
LOl, what like 'engish' or something? Better yet why not just call it american?
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
LOl, what like 'engish' or something? Better yet why not just call it american?
BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH LANGUAGE - IT'S JUST LAZY ENGLISH!!!
(apologies for shouting)

Ben
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH LANGUAGE - IT'S JUST LAZY ENGLISH!!!
(apologies for shouting)

Ben
WHAT? I coudn't quite hear that last part, did you say you have monopolies in housing? I've played that game.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
WHAT? I coudn't quite hear that last part, did you say you have monopolies in housing? I've played that game.
That is deserving of at least a 'lol' (usually I don't lower myself to such brevities).

Ben
caz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
I don't care if the Americans decide to take a couple of our words, chop it up or re-write it. As long as they recognise that they got their language from us and whenever a question arises about how things are spelt, we are always right.
You can have your former-German language and call it your own all you want. At least we have the fattest people in the world, the strongest country, and ability to destroy you! Which is why we (or you, actually) left your country to start our own. We also beat you in your own war (LOL), whiped out the Indians, created the Internet which you seem to be using as we speak, and I believe we also saved you during WWII

thank you, thank you

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by caz)
You can have your former-German language and call it your own all you want. At least we have the fattest people in the world, the strongest country, and ability to destroy you! Which is why we (or you, actually) left your country to start our own. We also beat you in your own war (LOL), whiped out the Indians, created the Internet which you seem to be using as we speak, and I believe we also saved you during WWII

thank you, thank you

Discuss amongst yourselves.
You did not 'save us'. It wasn't called a world-war for nothing! Why did you have to steal place names from us (and other places, for that matter)? Couldn't think of any for yourselves? You can keep your wretched land of the free and ignorant. Good point about the Germanic languages, though.

Ben
caz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You did not 'save us'. It wasn't called a world-war for nothing! Why did you have to steal place names from us (and other places, for that matter)? Couldn't think of any for yourselves? You can keep your wretched land of the free and ignorant. Good point about the Germanic languages, though.

Ben
Why did you steal the Internet from us? Couldn't come up with your own world-revolutionizing ideas and technologies, HMMM, HMMMMM???
caz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
...by the way, nice Constitution you've got there. Did you come up with it yourselves? It's quite nice, one might say.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by caz)
whiped out the Indians,
thank you, thank you
And that is something to be proud of?
Oh, btw we are still here! :rolleyes:
azzon
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by caz)
Why did you steal the Internet from us? Couldn't come up with your own world-revolutionizing ideas and technologies, HMMM, HMMMMM???
AHHHHH yes well done you invented the internet. BUUUUUTTTTT it was Tim Berners-Lee who inveted the World Wide Web (by the way he's a brit). You see, we get your crappy basic inventions like the internet, and make it great. Also we invented to TV which you yanks seem to love seeming you sit on your arses all day watching them and getting fat.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by azzon)
AHHHHH yes well done you invented the internet. BUUUUUTTTTT it was Tim Berners-Lee who inveted the World Wide Web (by the way he's a brit). You see, we get your crappy basic inventions like the internet, and make it great. Also we invented to TV which you yanks seem to love seeming you sit on your arses all day watching them and getting fat.
Please do not take one ignorant fools comment and retaliate against us all.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by caz)
We have Cambridge and Oxford, churning out Nobel prize-winners left right and centre (not just them, though). A couple of weeks ago I walked past the place where the electron was discovered. You know fine well that the brits are at the forefront of revolutionary technology (as are you). The internet wouldn't have been quite as much of a success if it was confined to the US, would it? More like an intranet, then. When we go to Australia - we take longer flights just to avoid America! (That's not strictly true...).

Ben
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by caz)
...by the way, nice Constitution you've got there. Did you come up with it yourselves? It's quite nice, one might say.
we don't have a constitution
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
we don't have a constitution
Nor do we pledge our allegiance to a piece of cloth.

Ben
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nor do we pledge our allegiance to a piece of cloth.

Ben
LOl, neither do I.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (497)
51.56%
No (467)
48.44%

Watched Threads