Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azzon)
    AHHHHH yes well done you invented the internet. BUUUUUTTTTT it was Tim Berners-Lee who inveted the World Wide Web (by the way he's a brit). You see, we get your crappy basic inventions like the internet, and make it great. Also we invented to TV which you yanks seem to love seeming you sit on your arses all day watching them and getting fat.
    http://www.time.com/time/time100/sci...arnsworth.html

Nice British invention! *cough*

By the way, we still invented the Internet

ReputationRep:
    We have Isaac Newton - so there.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Please do not take one ignorant fools comment and retaliate against us all.
    What ignorance? I thought I was right except for the Constitution, which you don't call a Constitution, but you still pretty much use it over there in Europe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    We have Isaac Newton - so there.

Ben
    Oh come on now admit you were wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    Oh come on now admit you were wrong!
    I was not wrong! I'm English!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    never heard of John Logie Baird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    What ignorance? I thought I was right except for the Constitution, which you don't call a Constitution, but you still pretty much use it over there in Europe
    I was refering to your comment in which you seem to take pride in wiping out the native peoples. I'm an american, native american to be precise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    there is no such thing as a constitution here, nor even something that we call by a different name but is still a constitution

ReputationRep:
    I was refering to your comment in which you seem to take pride in wiping out the native peoples. I'm an american, native american to be precise!
    I'm part Native American...but I find it pretty good to be able to take over a country already swarming with blood-thirsty Indians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    I'm part Native American...but I find it pretty good to be able to take over a country already swarming with blood-thirsty Indians
    as opposed to the blood-thirsty white men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    there is no such thing as a constitution here, nor even something that we call by a different name but is still a constitution
    Well now that's a lie! Because I know Europe has one, although I could be wrong

But I could have sworn...but this I will admit I am/might be wrong about. Everything else should be pretty accurate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    as opposed to the blood-thirsty white men?
    I never said they were bad for being blood-thirsy, just harder to win over the country because of...but we did it anyway with still some Indians remaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    You say you are part native american and follow w/ a steriotype?
    Don de wah, waseech!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)

But I could have sworn...but this I will admit I am/might be wrong about. Everything else should be pretty accurate!
    a) there isn't a nation called europe
    b) the entity caled the "european union" doesn't have one.
    c) the nation called "the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland" of which moste of the people here are citizens of, does not have a constitution.
    d) most people here would be offended that you are confusing us with europe. this thread has been (accidentally) US vs UK, not US vs Europe.

ReputationRep:
    You say you are part native american and follow w/ a steriotype?
    Don de wah, waseech!
    I come from like I forget...the chief was Sitting Bull though. Besides, have some humor! I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    a) there isn't a nation called europe
    b) the entity caled the "european union" doesn't have one.
    c) the nation called "the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland" of which moste of the people here are citizens of, does not have a constitution.
    d) most people here would be offended that you are confusing us with europe. this thread has been (accidentally) US vs UK, not US vs Europe.
    oh shut up and get over it i already said i may be wrong, and u are a european country, which rarely has much to do with anything, but u r still european

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    I never said they were bad for being blood-thirsy, just harder to win over the country because of...but we did it anyway with still some Indians remaining
    Win over? The words massacre and slaughter come to mind!
    The native ppl were peaceful and willing to live side by side w/ the white man. See we did not know of this thing called greed! We were naive, and beleived it would be good, we were never 'bloodthirsty' as you put it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)

The European Union proposed one but it got rejected becasue a constitution is not a very smart idea. Neither does the UK have a constitution, we have a system of rights (common law-used nearly all over r the world), originally based on the Magna Carta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    I come from like I forget...the chief was Sitting Bull though. Besides, have some humor! I do.
    Just stop, I am so tired of ppl claiming to be decendants of the great cheifs! Let me guess your great great great grandmother was a cherokee princess. :rolleyes:

Humor I have plenty of...
    You know why the rain dance works don't you?
    They do not stop dancing untill it starts raining!
    (My basement apartment is gonna get flooded for that one.)

ReputationRep:
    Win over? The words massacre and slaughter come to mind!
    The native ppl were peaceful and willing to live side by side w/ the white man. See we did not know of this thing called greed! We were naive, and beleived it would be good, we were never 'bloodthirsty' as you put it.
    When you say Indians, when referring to a land filled with many, many tribes, it would seem ignorant to suggest this is all Indians. You call me stereo-typing, yet you are accumulating all Native Americans as one when using the term "Indian".

Not all tribes were fighting, and yes, there were many blood-thirsty tribes, which even killed many of the first settlers. And we did win the fight against them, and there are still those peaceful tribes which obviously do not count in the war, so it would be ignorant of you to suggest they do.

You are part Native American, you say, so I can understand your ignorance, but I already told you I am part Native American. Seriously, use your common sense.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.