This discussion is closed.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i've got my first driving lesson on friday and was just wondering, is there any relevant material i can read? (other than the highway code)

sorry folks below,
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
i've got my first driving test on friday and was just wondering, is there any relevant material i can read? (other than the highway code)
Got my first attempt(hopefully last) on the 26th, consider this a double plea.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
i've got my first driving test on friday and was just wondering, is there any relevant material i can read? (other than the highway code)
Nothing you can read will prepare you for the test. I passed first time, and what got me through was keeping a cool head and thinking rationaly (i.e. all the examiner gives a **** about is getting back to the coffee room alive - give him a smooth ride and he will pass you).

Keep cool. If things happen which have never happened before (i.e. a van coming round the corner when you are doing your reverse arounda corner - it happened to me lol) just keep a cool head and seem calm, composed and confident to the examiner. If you deal with the situation calmly, the examiner will think highly of you and may give u a minor instead of a major if it is borderline.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Nothing you can read will prepare you for the test. I passed first time, and what got me through was keeping a cool head and thinking rationaly (i.e. all the examiner gives a **** about is getting back to the coffee room alive - give him a smooth ride and he will pass you).

Keep cool. If things happen which have never happened before (i.e. a van coming round the corner when you are doing your reverse arounda corner - it happened to me lol) just keep a cool head and seem calm, composed and confident to the examiner. If you deal with the situation calmly, the examiner will think highly of you and may give u a minor instead of a major if it is borderline.
Just relax and youll pass
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (585)
49.91%
No (587)
50.09%

Watched Threads