Turn on thread page Beta

hi, say i wanted to apply for a course... and i didnt have any GCSE and alevels but i got over 280 ucas points? do you think any uni will take me? or i need to have alevels?

i dont have GCSE/ALEVELs cause i left school when i was in yr9

(Original post by Unregistered)
    hi, say i wanted to apply for a course... and i didnt have any GCSE and alevels but i got over 280 ucas points? do you think any uni will take me? or i need to have alevels?

i dont have GCSE/ALEVELs cause i left school when i was in yr9
    how have u got 280 points then?

doing GNVQ's and btec nationals

doing GNVQ's and btec nationals
    can i?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    can i?
    Depends on the course and/or uni - in the case of GNVQs etc etc they usually ask to be contacted directly about it...

but in theory - yes.

ReputationRep:
    if you have the points then i dont see why not!
    but some courses ask for GCSE English or maths regardless of your points.
    Im on AVCE Health and social care course and the points for that will be enough but i also need GCSE English at C or above.
    If you do need the extra GCSE's why not do a night course at least then you look like you really want to get some where if you are going out of your way to get all you need!!
    Do you see what im saying?

yeah.. hehe i have GCSE but i just wanted to know... u see college and school keep saying Btec nationals are same as ALEVELs then why the **** they arnt the same to unis? after all on btec national o focus on one thing! not mobile jumble like alevels

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.