The Student Room Group
12... if you're smart enough to avoid officials. Build a miniture submarine like boat and hide many porridge rations. You'll reach the other country within weeks or months.
Reply 2
No.
Reply 3
Reply 4
you're buying a house in spain?!
Well I don't think you can leave the country on your own until you're 18.

But you'll have to work full time in a well paid job to afford to get there, buy a place and survive until you get a job out there. And seeing as you're still at school, that's impossible.

What's the rush? Can't you just wait those couple of months?
Reply 6
18... they ask for a letter from your parents if you're under...but easily forgeable.
Reply 7
Yeah I can I was just curious to know, and sorry not a house, I mean like an apartment.
Reply 8
If your not 18 you will have trouble buying a house in Spain. The legality of it all. Then there are costs. No idea where a 17 year old will be obtaining large sums of money:s-smilie:
Reply 9
lol @ you living in Spain at 17.
Reply 10
You can travel on your own at the age you are now if that's what you mean, not so sure whether you'll be allowed to buy property until you're legally an adult though, also, I'd read up on the process of foreigners buying property in the country as there may be some restrictions.

http://www.euroresidentes.com/Property/buying_house_faqs.htm

I find it kind of hard to believe you're being serious though, if you're not independent enough to find all this info out by yourself on Google then you're probably not independent enough to move to Spain on your own :p:
Do you even speak spanish? if not how on earth will you be able to get a job?
And where will you get the money from to buy an appartment?
I was never asked for any sort of parental consent whenever I left the country on my own when I was under 18. :s-smilie:

Well I don't think you can leave the country on your own until you're 18.

Wrong. Children of any age can travel on their own, at the discretion of the airline.
Reply 13
la fill danse, did you leave on your own?

No I can't speak Spanish, I just love the idea of the lifestyle. I'm thinking of starting to save up now for it, how much realistically should I look to have saved when/if I leave?
WestHamJake

Yeah, sure. I took the train to Paris and a plane to the USA when I was 17, nobody was with me.

There are no LAWS that say you have to be a certain age to travel alone. Airlines have their own guidelines, but they generally only are bothered about children under about 12 - in that case they can travel alone but are supervised during the whole process. Teenagers are generally (I say generally because I've never heard of any case to the contrary, although all airlines operate differently) treated exactly the same as any other passenger. Most people don't know what they're talking about.
Reply 15
Ermm,you can leave the country now!!You don't have to be 18...I think :s-smilie:
Reply 16
WestHamJake

No I can't speak Spanish, I just love the idea of the lifestyle. I'm thinking of starting to save up now for it, how much realistically should I look to have saved when/if I leave?

As for saving, that's up to you to find out. How much do you eat in a week? How much would rent cost you? How much would it cost if you had to stay in a motel while you found a job to save up for buying a renting a house or a flat? You need to do your research first and foremost and see if it's a realistic figure. You won't get all your answers on a plate here.
ok well this was 11 years ago so this is probably not gonna be helpful to you but maybe for others. obviously you would need to get settled there first so you would probably need family or friends there to help get you started and familiar yourself with the environment, find a job ect ect, you can defiantly visit I am just not sure about moving cuz I mean its hard. I am sure you have thought about like citizenship and passports and other important documents. it also depends on how far you live and your country's laws about crossing a border. hope this helps!

Latest