The Student Room Group

ex girlfriend and doing stuff

i went out with a girl when i was 16 for a year, we were very close and we broke up, it it ****ed up my life quite alot, even though i broke up with her, she got over it quicker than i did etc, now about a year on, we pulled a few weeks ago, and now she wants us to do stuff i.e have sex regulary etc, i know this might sound like a good deal, my friends are saying why not, but is it advisable, i mean i m scared it will f up like when i see her with other guys etc, and ill mess my crucial a/s level exams etc

Scroll to see replies

Definately go along with it.

I stay on good terms with all my old girlfriends, mainly for this reason.

As long as you see it for what it is, casual sex, and don't get attached you'll be fine.
If you really liked her then it's unlikely you will be able not to get attached. I had that situation for a while, and it got to a stage where if I pulled someone else I felt like I was being cheated and he felt like I was cheating...and yet at the same time we weren''t going out and it felt like he was taking everything from me and I wasn't getting the security back. It sounds like you're potentially gonna get messed up, if you don't keep how you feel straight with each other and manage to make your feeling consistently unattached then there could be issues......

On the other hand......no strings attached blow jobs?

Priorites, priorities....
Reply 3
annabellewalter

On the other hand......no strings attached blow jobs?

Priorites, priorities....

I hope you're not serious... lol
As if nsa oral sex is less cheating.

I don't get people that opt for that instead of sex, as if they're giving less.
Reply 4
I wouldn't do it - I'm not sure that sorta girl is worth you messing up your life for. And you gotta get on with exams don't mess them up - when you're at uni you'll be meeting loads of girls and there's probably one whom you'll really like and can have a relationship with.

She obviously just wants a bit of fun and you sound like you still like her a bit - it'll be pretty hard not to get attached - you'll just end up messing yourself up.
Reply 5
i was in a similar situation wiv a guy that id been seeing for over a yr and a half, after that long it really does mess u up in the head like u sed.. after that we kissed a couple of times, i gave in cos i stil had feelings for him after all that time apart but then we seperated again n it hurt!

u sed she got over it quicker than u did, it doesnt sound as if she has any feelings for u now and jus wants u for casual sex, i dont think u should get into anything cos it wil become harder for u to get over her, think about what u want and how ud feel after not cos ur mates think ur gettin a good deal
Reply 6
this sort of thing isn't like an auction where you find the best deal. concentrate on your exams....girls come and go but you can only take your AS exams once. unless you resit them, of course.
Reply 7
That is truely an amazing comment..
Reply 8
hm, detection of sarcasm in overload!
Reply 9
SamTheMan

Oral sex is just as intimate and personal as sex, if not more intimate at times. If I didn't know someone (not that I would do any) but if I had to choose one I would have sex rather than oral as I find oral slightly more personal, and would have to be really close to someone to expose myself in that way. If you get me?!?
LondonBoy
i went out with a girl when i was 16 for a year, we were very close and we broke up, it it ****ed up my life quite alot, even though i broke up with her, she got over it quicker than i did etc, now about a year on, we pulled a few weeks ago, and now she wants us to do stuff i.e have sex regulary etc, i know this might sound like a good deal, my friends are saying why not, but is it advisable, i mean i m scared it will f up like when i see her with other guys etc, and ill mess my crucial a/s level exams etc

no way.
i did EXACTLY this, and the end result is that you remember all those old feelings, cept for them it is just a quick roll in the hay.
keep well out of it
foolfarian
no way.
i did EXACTLY this, and the end result is that you remember all those old feelings, cept for them it is just a quick roll in the hay.
keep well out of it

I completely agree with you. There must have been a reason why you broke up and simply getting together for sex will either mean you have to deny that reason or you start to remember all too well what it was which will cause you much more hurt. You could also start wanting more than just sex, like the ressurrection of the relationship, which she might not want which again will lead to hurt.
Reply 12
foolfarian
no way.
keep well out of it

exactly, like i sed b4, it'l jus take u longer to get over her
SamTheMan

Oh get off your moral high horse! I was being sarchastic!
annabellewalter
Oh get off your moral high horse! I was being sarchastic!

OK sorry... How am I supposed to know you're being sarcastic? There are girls out there who think like that: "I didn't really cheat on my boyfriend, it was only a bj" or "i've given bjs to half of my school but I'm still 100% pure"
Reply 15
SamTheMan
OK sorry... How am I supposed to know you're being sarcastic? There are girls out there who think like that: "I didn't really cheat on my boyfriend, it was only a bj" or "i've given bjs to half of my school but I'm still 100% pure"

yeah that cracks me up. the people who really don't believe in sex before marriage seem really promiscuous in everything but sex :rolleyes:

i'm sure that'll be great for their husbands... they're virgins but have been seen naked by half the guys they know

lou xxx
lou p
yeah that cracks me up. the people who really don't believe in sex before marriage seem really promiscuous in everything but sex :rolleyes:

i'm sure that'll be great for their husbands... they're virgins but have been seen naked by half the guys they know

lou xxx

There are girls like that in the UK but luckily for most, they realise that they're going to be perceived as sluts if they behave like that.

Quite a huge number of American girls are like that: as soon as you meet them, you know what to expect :p: Having sex is slutty but a bj is just like flossing your teeth for some of these girls.
Reply 17
well it depends... cause if you still like her then do it... but I wouldn't suggest doing somthing against your concience... don't play with relationships or they might mess up more than just your AS levels...
Reply 18
Exs are evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil
Reply 19
SamTheMan
There are girls like that in the UK but luckily for most, they realise that they're going to be perceived as sluts if they behave like that.

Quite a huge number of American girls are like that: as soon as you meet them, you know what to expect :p: Having sex is slutty but a bj is just like flossing your teeth for some of these girls.

i have 2 flatamtes who don't believe in sex before marriage... one then 'fell in love' with her bf in their 2 week relationship and did everythign but sex in that time (she pretty much would have slept with him if he hadn't dumped her so quickly). the other doesn't believe in sex before marriage 'but could be swayed'... so basically she's never had a bf or anyone who wants to sleep with her... it's all pretty funny really

lou xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending